“She Made Our Staff Pleasant”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Monrovia
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“She Made Our Staff Pleasant”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I are seasoned travelers throughout the US and abroad. However, this type property is not one we normally would use. We had to do so in a tight pinch. The room was large, clean and suited us fine. The unexpected/unadvertised 'free, light breakfast' was a plus.The shining gem of the stay was our front-desk staffer, "Stephanie". She was and is a true professional. Competent, personable and most helpful in several matters we had. In addiiton we noticed her ability to multitask and calmly and successfully handle unforeseen problems that arose. Manager and higher is definitely a certainty in her future (retain her services at whatever cost).

The one, significant drawback was that the hotel had many varied cultured occupants, each of whom was cooking their 'specialties'. The properties ventilation was inadequate to mitigate this situation, so it's needless to say that this very, unfortunately left a lingering, very putrid aroma throughout the hallways. Adding this this was that they had a 'common area' for trash disposal, that I have to say resembled that seen in 'developing', 'third world nation'.

Room Tip: Request a room that is away from the trash disposal collection point (there is one on each floor).
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to writing a review about your experience at Extended Stay America, Los Angeles - Monrovia. Allow me to apologize for the odors in the hallways that you mentioned. Although we have odor neutralizers in the public areas, it seems like the volume of cooking aromas during your stay, were not neutralized. We will look into this and take the necessary steps to combat the smell of cooking. We would like to thank you for your kind words and hope to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2012

On my recent trip to California, I was looking for a place to stay that offered great value and service, and found it at Extended Stay America. The staff was amazing! Martha, the manager, and her staff, Stephanie, Rose, Liviana, and Scott met all of my needs and made me feel at home. I will definitely recommend it to everyone. Kind regards, Dolores H.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay and expirence with the entire staff at the Extendedstay America Los Angeles - Monrovia. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I really do love staying at this hotel, with its caring desk staff, hard-working maintenance crew and friendly neighbors. Scott, the Manager, works hard at pleasing guests and making the place more enjoyable and livable. There's a laundry on-site, plenty of places to eat nearby and tons of free parking. Good deal!

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank et1964
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This place has such a great value for the price. Quiet, clean room right off the freeway so its convenient. I work in Alhambra for over 2 months which is why I stay at the Homestead studios because I don't feel like driving back and forth from work to my place. Service is great, staff very friendly. from the Area Manager Martha Gavarette to the Manager Scott Patel and at the front desk attitude is amazing! with Rosalinda ( and she knows little French ), Lydiana, Stephanie, Melissa They are very helpfull and friendly. would stay at Homestead studios anytime if you are looking for a quality hotel choose Homestead studios in Monrovia. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends, and I'm sure will be back for second stay :)

Thanks

Raffi Keshishian

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Raffi K
Wellington, NZ
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed here for a month while on business in Pasadena. I stayed in a 'deluxe' room for slightly less that $70 per night (including tax).

Positive features:

- safe neighborhood
- easy access to 210 freeway
- numerous eating establishments within 10 min walk, including Subway and Robeks for quick and healthy meals
- numerous shops within 5 min drive
- lots of parking
- large size room
- room includes iron and ironing board, microwave, stovetop, fridge/freezer, toaster, coffee-maker, plates, utensils, pots, flat-screen TV, pull-out sofa, king bed, desk, reading lamps
- laundry on-site ($2 for washing, $2 for drying, takes quarters)
- front desk and house-keeping staff friendly and helpful

Negative features

- some noise from freeway
- dated decor
- front desk sometimes didn't have change for laundry
- kitchen equipment is limited (eg no microwavable bowls, no brushes etc for washing dishes)

Overall, represents good value for money and I would have no hesitations staying here again.

Room Tip: - Pick a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor so you can leave a window open during the day. - Rooms toward...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ndonz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monrovia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia - Pasadena Area
Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Arcadia/Pasadena
Oak Tree Inn
Oak Tree Inn
#4 of 7 in Monrovia
Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Monrovia
Quality Inn Near City of Hope
Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia/Pasadena Area

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Monrovia? Share your experiences!