“perfect on short notice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Mojave

Red Roof Inn Mojave
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Mojave
San Francisco
“perfect on short notice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

We stopped here to and from Las Vegas around midnight when we could not drive anymore. The staff was right there and as nice as could be and the rooms were the cleanest hotel rooms I've ever stated in. This place is not fancy by any means but was more than I could have ever wanted on such short notice.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
the_tim
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2007

Wow. We booked three nights online through the Choice Hotels website. When we showed up for our first night at 11:00, the lobby was locked, nobody answered the night bell, and nobody answered the phone. We called the reservations line who after half an hour were finally able to get someone to show up... who informed us that she didn't have the key?!? What the heck.

We stayed somewhere else that night, and should have gotten the clue, but decided due to price to go back to Econo Lodge for the last two nights. The room was beat up, with a confusing heater setup, very few outlets, and apparent burn holes in the sheets. When we returned the second night, the room was exactly as we left it. The bed had not been made, the towels not replaced, nor even the empty tissue box refilled. What a surprise, when we tried to go to and call the front desk for new towels, nobody answered.

The only redeeming qualities about the Econo Lodge are that it is off of the main Hwy 14 drag (and therefore quieter than other hotels in Mojave), it's got internet, and it's cheap. For the money though, I'd rather stay at the Motel 6, where there are at least people there to help you.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank the_tim

Travelers are raving about these Mojave hotels

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2006

Stayed for a brief, over-night stopover on a driving mini-vacation weekend.

Arrived around 1:30 AM on Friday. At first, the girl on duty wanted to deal with me through the check-in window, but after she saw that I wasn't some shady character, she let me into the lobby to finish checking in.

The room was a reasonable size on the second floor, back corner. Unfortunately, as the building is L-shaped and the only stairs at either end, it was bit of a walk down to my room.

The bed was a little on the soft side for my taste, but I wasn't staying long so it wasn't a big deal. What was a big deal was the Internet connection. One of the reasons that I chose this EconoLodge was that it advertised free wireless Internet. I just wanted to check my email really quickly before going to bed, but when I fired up my notebook, I discovered that there was a WEP key associated with the access point. I couldn't find any literature in the room indicating what that code might be, so I called down to the front desk. The girl searched around a bit but ultimately could not find the info, so no Internet access for me that night.

The shower was also a tad spotty, with half the water pouring out of the faucet, even when I was trying to take a shower.

For $50, no complaints, but don't expect anything approaching a full-service hotel.

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank maisany
Turin, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2005

After our stops at other Econolodge hotels, we were happy to stop there in Mojave.. and we were not disappointed.

Considering the price (very low), the location is ok, the room were clean, and they probably suggest us the best restaurant for dinner we tried during our holiday.

Probably not at the same level as other “top” ranked Econolodge, but it was perfect for a relaxing night in Mojave city.

• Stayed August 2005
    • 4 of 5 stars
6 Thank Skiman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mojave
Mariah Country Inn & Suites
Motel 6 Mojave - Airport
Americas Best Value Inn
BEST WESTERN Desert Winds
Hampton Inn & Suites Lancaster
BEST WESTERN PLUS Country Park Hotel

Been to Red Roof Inn Mojave? Share your experiences!