“Good Place to Stay”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mojave
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Good Place to Stay”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here at the end of March and were happy with our stay. The staff were friendly and we were able to use the laundry - our top-level motel in LA didn't even have a laundry and I would have had to spend time sitting in a laundramat which I didn't want to do so it was good to have one here. I was worried that there might be too much noise here in Mojave as some of the other reviews mentioned that. And being a light sleeper, well .. Anyway, the motel was fine. There is a railroad nearby but a train only went by two or three times so it didn't cause too much of a problem. I did wake up (light sleeper) but went right back to sleep. My wife and son didn't even notice it. So I am glad that we stayed here as it was very convenient for the rest of our journey north to Lake Tahoe.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

What can you say - its a very typical M6 with the same standard of accommodation and guest as every other M6. That said, its the third time I've stayed here and never had any problems so they must be doing something right. Check in as ever was quick.

Snacks & beers available from the petrol (gas) station directly opposite. More substantial food available elsewhere in Mojave.

Trains right outside are noisy but I managed to sleep through them.

Check out the freaky sight of the airplane bone yard next door in the early morning sun!

Will I be back? You betchya!

Room Tip: No elevator so if struggling with luggage etc ask for a ground (or first to Americans) floor room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Mojave
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've been traveling quite a bit recently for business and this was one of the first locations I've stayed at. With my experience I do not understand how anybody is willing to give more than 2 or 3 stars for the services here. I'll try to keep my review simple and legible here.

-When I first arrived at the location it seemed fine, they were advertising WiFi and was one of the cheaper priced stays in the area. Overall the place looked rather decent at first glanced. I checked in, got my card, dropped my luggage in the room and went to get something to eat. When I came back I felt like I was in a Tyler Perry movie. There were 2 individuals in front of my room who were in a confrontation about what I believe to be a child support payment. 4 or 5 doors down there was another individual who made it very clear to the entire complex he was speaking to his "n1ga".

I was rather upset with the room. It was depressed looking and small. The TV was begging to be recycled and the bed looked like it was just pulled out of the dumpser. I will say that the room was indeed clean and went about my work.

I had to run down to the desk to pay for my WiFi in order to send out a few E-mails and play my Internet Radio. The WiFi speeds here are not sufficient, a quick Speedtest.net and my speeds were around .300 MB down and .1 Up. This is completely unacceptable, for those not familiar with data speeds. Good luck watching a youtube video here, or streaming netflix, it won't work. I had to tether my phones "edge" connection in order to get my stuff done.

All hours of the night there were people running up and down my stairs and yelling about. On top of that, any sort of slight wind or even if the neighbor was walking around my room would violently shake. The TV would squeak like a mouse and the picture frame would rattle against the wall. With the lack of sleep and the feeling of my door being broken down by some hooligans after my gaming laptop, I couldn't sleep. The shower was refreshing until I had to use the 80 grit sandpaper they call a "towel" here.

Do yourself a huge favor and drive a few miles down the road, this is a very different atmosphere and there are more hotels to check out.

Anyways, hope this helps.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Mojave hotels

California
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place is much nicer than the Motel 6s in Bakersfield, and well worth the extra hour drive when heading east. Our room was quite clean including the bathroom and carpets, and the furniture was in good condition. To me the cleanliness and repair of the room was nearly the best I've seen in a Motel 6. Yes the train is very loud, but I put in earplugs when sleeping and didn't wake up from the train. Also was nice and cheap at $36.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2012

A very typical example of a Motel 6, basic room, clean, comfortable, ample parking. Staff were pleasant and welcoming. The only downside to the stay was the noise from the neighbouring railway tracks. With a railroad crossing within a couple of hundred yards the train noise all through the night was a pain in the rear.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the back and as far away from the railroad as you can.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank johnsh70
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The rooms wears OK. But there was no breakfast. And no one to delivery food at all to the motel. If u had a car u could drive to get something to eat. But in a big truck no. They is alot for similar parking but that is all.

• Stayed September 2012
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I am currently staying at the Mojave CA Motel 6. The other reviews are spot on. Rates are reasonable, rooms are small but very clean, with no luxuries like coffee pots or alarm clocks. Staff is friendly, Internet is cheap, and a lot of train noise. Close to pharmacy, groceries, and a cool little eatery. Overall, not bad for the money.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mojave
Motel 6 Mojave - Airport
Best Western Desert Winds
Mariah Country Inn & Suites
Best Western California City Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tehachapi

Been to Motel 6 Mojave? Share your experiences!