“Pleasant clean motel - but take earplugs” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Mojave - Airport

Motel 6 Mojave - Airport
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Mojave
Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
“Pleasant clean motel - but take earplugs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

This Motel looked one of the nicer ones on the main road through Mojave. The rooms were fine - comfy clean beds, nice bathroom, and we were able to have use of the Internet free of charge which was useful. The staff members we met were friendly and helpful. The main rail line runs right in front of the Motel and my partner asked if they ran all night. 'Oh no' he was told, 'they stop around 10.15'.....'but they start again around 3.30...' - Yup! at least it was an honest answer. I wear earplugs anyway but I was aware of the rumbling locomotives throughout the night though this didn't keep me wide awake. Breakfast was OK - less choice than in some Motels with free breakfast but perfectly adequate and the guy on reception made sure drink dispensers and other breakfast items were kept topped up. Would I recommend this place to a friend? One who is hard of hearing maybe! To be honest many Motels were close to the rail line and otherwise this was a perfectly nice place for a night's stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Days_Inn_Mojave, General Manager at Motel 6 Mojave - Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review about Days Inn Mojave.

Again, thank you for writing review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 661-824-2421.

Victor Patel
Days Inn Mojave, California

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
trek1006
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2010

Well, what can I say. While planning a trip from LA to Vegas with a friend, we decided to spend the night before going on a tour of Mojave Airport. While looking at hotels in the area, and using this site for guidance picked this hotel hoping I was not wrong.
Greeted by a very friendly receptionist at and after a quick check in we were off to our room (after walking the wrong way) Big room, nice TV, microwave and fridge, heater, comfy chair, 2 double beds, comfy pillows, nice little bathroom, all very clean and just right for what we needed. Free WIFI also made this a great place to stay (Stayed in the Hilton LAX, for more money, and no free internet, i don't get it)

Called 2 times to the front desk for info on a few things and each time she was very helpful and could not fault the service.

Would defiantly stay here again if I had to come to the area

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Days_Inn_Mojave, manager at Motel 6 Mojave - Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2010
Hello,

Days Inn Mojave, California
Ventura County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

I was amazed by the beauty of the room I found at this Days Inn, first and foremost. They must have had feng shui help in laying it out. I was expecting a LOT less than what I found. The room was meticulously clean, the furnishings were plush but simple. There was a convenient business desk. WiFi was free and convenient, albeit non-secure. Lighting was recessed, throughout, and had dimmer switches! There was a large flat panel, hi-def, TV (not that I had time to watch it, mind you). There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room ... which was all I usually need when staying for longer periods of time on business. I slept VERY well. The payment was made through my business contact, so I cannot comment on price, but I noticed many construction-level truck rigs in the parking area, so I have to believe it is quite affordable. The check-in clerk was polite, pleasant and expected me by name. Down to earth, really. He offered breakfast in the morning and, had I not been planning to dine with my business contact, that might also have been a plus. I would recommend this place to anybody with business in Mojave, CA.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Days_Inn_Mojave, manager at Motel 6 Mojave - Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2010
Hi,

Days Inn Mojave, Ca Location, California
San Bernardino, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

We were out doing work in the desert that involved hiking 4 to 8 miles a day. I can't eat wheat so having a fridge & microwave made it easy to do meals. One thing though - their coded wireless router was having issues while we were there so I & one of my coworkers couldn't get online.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Hi,

Days Inn Mojave, Ca Location, California
Ellicott City, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2009

Mojave is a good place to stop between LA and the Sierras. My only complaint was that the A/C unit was loud. There was no way to keep the fan on constantly, other than setting the temperature to 50. So it cycled on and off frequently, and every time it came on, it was loud. But otherwise, everything was great. To give me a quiet room, they put me in the building at the rear (there are two separate buildings) so I never heard the trains. Across the street (not the main highway, but a small side street) is a coffee and donut and ice cream shop that had long hours (opened at 6am Sunday, I believe). A mini-mart at a Shell station is also across the street. And a number of eating places are within a quick walk - McDonald's, Carl's Jr, Dennys. And the cost was fairly cheap.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Cadiz, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

Guess we made the mistake of not knowing to ask for a room in the back section. Trains running all night right across the road do not add up to a good nights rest. If train noise (and road noise) doesn't bother you, I'd definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ukiah, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

This was a very comfortable room. We just stayed for the night before heading to Arizona but it was comfy with waffles the next morning. Very friendly staff. There is a pool but didn't try it because it was extremely windy with major wind gusts but it looked clean. Also, when I booked on wyndham rewards, there were no non-smoking rooms available but I requested if one became available, I would like one. When we checked in, the desk clerk said that he had put us in a non-smoking room as requested. Really appreciated that.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mojave
BEST WESTERN Desert Winds
#4 of 8 in Tehachapi
Motel 6 Mojave
Motel 6 Mojave
#6 of 8 in Mojave

Been to Motel 6 Mojave - Airport? Share your experiences!