All reviewsroom was cleanfree wifioff the highwayno frillsa great place to staycable tvmicrowavemoteldesertnoisestopcaliforniadustremotevegastruck
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Looks like an older style motel with actual metal room keys but our room was very clean and well maintained. We used the hotel while exploring the Tehachapi area 25 miles away because it was more economical. High Speed Internet. Good level of service. Danishes and Juice for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Traveling from North of Reno to Los Angeles, I knew I needed to stop and rest when I arrived in Mojave. The city was 80 degrees (at 9:30) windy, and most motels are across the street from train tracks. The Desert Inn was quiet, the rooms were clean and the bed was perfect. I slept a solid 8 hours and was refreshed to start driving.

The manager was helpful and told me the motel guests were mainly business people and the motel was safe and quiet. This was important because I am a woman travelling alone.

I would definately recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I wasn't too sure about having to stay in Mojave, CA. My supervisor, who was sending me to Mojave for training, had advised me that it wasn't necessarily the best area. She wanted me to book a room at the Mariah Inn but they were all booked AND didn't have nearly as many good of reviews as the Desert Inn. Based on the reviews and the fact that it cost half the price of the Mariah Inn, I decided to book at the Desert Inn.

Andy at the front desk was extremely helpful! He told me to let him know if I had any issues and he would be sure to get them resolved for me and, knowing that I was a solo female traveller, he assured me that I would be safe there.

The room was great and had all the things you would need while staying there - no wierd smells, clean room with a comfortable bed and ample pillows, desk, television, fridge (bigger than other fridges in most motels), hair dryer, table and chairs. The air conditioner worked well and the blinds did a good job keeping out the light from outside.

As a side note, the unrelenting wind and trains going by are things that you have to deal with anywhere in Mojave. Luckily, based on the location of this motel, you almost don't even notice.

I don't anticipate having to go back to Mojave any time soon but, if I do, I will absolutely book again at the Mojave Inn!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ToriLee33
Reviewed May 18, 2010

Mojave. CA. is not the type of town that one expects much of. Having been there a number of times in the past and staying at an different assortment of motels the town has to offer, I didn't expect much. On a whim I decided to try the Desert Inn. Well maybe more than a whim. It's set two blocks back from the main highway that runs thru town and is parallel to the train track which has loud trains running on it all night long. Staying at the Desert Inn was the first time I slept all night in Mojave without waking up because I didn't hear any trains. My room had everything I would expect to find at an more expensive motel. Fridge, microwave, hair dyer, coffee, desk and table. It was very clean and freshly painted. When I checked in I was told by the manager please let me know if there is anything I can help you with. When I checked out I was asked again, very sincerely, if my stay was pleasant. The owners have an pride in ownership and a commitment to service that was wonderful to be around. I rate my stay there as one of the best experience I have had staying at a motel!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank johnniefargo
Reviewed May 12, 2010

I needed a place to stay while attending a track school at Willow Springs. The hotels in Rosamond had spotty reviews. I expanded my territory and found this gem in Mojave (maybe 15 minutes extra drive).

It was basic, simple, very CLEAN, and comfortable. It is older, but well kept and NO STRANGE SMELLS (unlike the room I am currently writing this in). Looking at the parking lot the primary clientele appear to be contractors in town for long term jobs. Not a bad thing as they need their sleep as well as want their gear in a safe place.

The first night I used the fan as I usually do for white noise. Other than a garbage truck (not something under the motel's control), no noise woke me and I am a pretty light sleeper. The second night I left the fan off. Traffic noise was minimal and virtually nonexistant after 10pm till 6 am. (I kept waking up thinking about the mistakes I made during my track session). It was dead silent. I didn''t hear the trains since this motel is just enough off the main drag and situated in a manner that other buildings buffer the noise.

I will stay here again when I attend a school at Willow Springs in the future. The manager is friendly and welcomes comments. And the WiFi was pretty good

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo