All reviewsroom was cleanfree wifioff the highwayno frillsa great place to staycable tvmicrowavemoteldesertnoisestopcaliforniadustremotevegastruck
Reviewed December 1, 2009

We arrived after dark in Mojave after a long, tiring day driving from Tucson.
The Desert Inn was a little hard to find (we asked a couple of locals for
directions), but once we arrived, the friendly, efficient manager quickly got us a
room and told us to let him know if we had any problems or concerns.
The room was small but very clean, and had a king size bed, desk, fridge, microwave,
and wireless access (which was fast and easy to log on to.)
The bathroom was bright and clean, with a very nice tiled shower, and even had
a hairdryer. All this, for a very reasonable rate, and all up to AAA standard.
We've stayed at many motels, and this one is definitely very good value for money.
One of the nicest things was the friendly person at the office, who assured us
that he was there for us, for anything that we needed. It's the kind of personal
service that makes this place special! We hope to return again someday.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2009

We arrived early morning on Thanksgiving to a warm welcome, large comfortable clean room and GREAT shower. Added bonus - fridge and microwave in room, Wifi and a very comfortable bed. The owners take good care of the property and we'll be back soon!!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We picked this motel on the basis of reviews here.

Let's face facts this isn't a new place. I'm sure it has seen better days - BUT the service is great and the room was very clean. The ice box was very well stocked which was good. Mojave is a HOT place, really hot. I did struggle to sleep because the choice beween heat or noisy aircon was tough - I went with the heat.

We experienced the fastest internet access of our trip so far here.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2009

This hotel is GREAT! What else can I say? The people are VERY friendly and VERY attentive. I have stayed at many hotels and spent more money, but this is the best value for your dollar. The rooms are clean. The area is quiet. The service is awesome. No bug problems or hoodlums. The people her will not stand for it. They can even help with your laundry. I have never been this happy with my stay anywhere else. AND the price is right. Another operator and I are working on the Alta Wind Farms and we both would HIGHLY recmmend this hotel to any intelligent business person that knows a great value when they see one.

Jonathon

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2009

The Desert Inn is quite good for an old hotel, and is an excellent value. The rooms are small, but have all the important amenities (free WiFi, fridge, microwave, desk). The small bathroom was clean and had new tile (though a battered looking toilet seat). The maid service was quite good. It was disconcerting that the dead bolt lock was inoperative, and it was quite easy to leave the spring lock unlocked. The road noise would have been a problem, but with temperatures in the high 90s during the day I had to run the VERY LOUD small air conditioner above the bed all night. The only way I could sleep was with ear plugs.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business