All reviews the owner free wifi off the highway no frills room was clean and comfortable a great place to stay cable tv death valley fridge motel desert noise cereal dust remote vegas truck
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I'm staying up in the area for work as probably most of you will be as well. I found this place because I found other helpful reviews and decided to give it a try. The only negative side of the Desert Inn is the rooms are rather small and they are not so easy on the eyes. Normally this would be a problem for me since I'm staying for an extended amount of time. However, the manager and staff are extremely friendly and I always see the manager running around here making sure everything is clean and everybody is happy.

The Desert Inn in Mojave excels in many places other hotels do not. I've brought my laptop with me and checked out speedtest.net and I'm seeing speeds up to 6mb down and 1mb up. This is what you would normally see at your house. Very impressive. I managed to have a quick chat with the manager this morning and he was telling me how he worked with a technician to optimize the internet strength for his customers. For me this is a huge plus, others may not care however if you'd like to stream netflix or youtube while checking your facebook and downloading a song, you'll be able to. The Bed is large and very comfortable, I slept like a rock. I'm 6'7 285 LBS and I sunk into the bed. The TV is proportional to the room, this is another thing I look out for. Some TV's can be too small and others can be large. They've got HDMI and VGA plug-ins on the side along with a DirecTV box that has a good selection of channels, including HBO There's a small closet area that has included hangers, ironing board and iron. There's a mini - fridge and nice little digital microwave too. Showers are smaller but they work and toiletry space is limited.

All in all I give this place an easy 5 stars. What makes it so special is the price compared to other local competitors. If these guys were charging 80-100$ a night I would laugh and cruise up the street to Days Inn. But for the respectable price at the cost of 10 square feet, I'm staying at the Desert Inn.

Hope this helps.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Sean L
arunbhula, Manager at Desert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Hello Sean,

Thank you for staying with us as long as you have. As you found other reviews helpful, we hope other potential guests find your review helpful as well. We are glad to see you are taking full advantage of everything we offer. Thank you again for your continued stay at the Desert Inn.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was a fantastic place for a stopover. The rooms are simple but perfectly comfortable with everything you could need! Good bed, flat screen TV (great selection of channels), microwave, fridge, free Wifi and most importantly, very clean. The management were very welcoming (even late at night). The warm room was a nice lovely surprise. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello,

We appreciate the kind words you wrote about the Desert Inn. We try to offer as many amenities that the big hotel chains offer at a lower price. We try to upgrade our motel where ever we can to assure our guests have a great stay while traveling through Mojave. Thank you for staying at the Desert Inn.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I spent a night at the Desert Inn while on a road trip through southern California. The room is certainly nothing fancy, and if I were looking for a luxurious place to relax for several hours each day, then maybe I'd pay more for a place with more amenities. But if you're simply looking for a place to spend a night when all you really need is a comfortable and clean room, you can't go wrong here. The management was very pleasant, and made it clear that the satisfaction of their guests is very important to them. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for staying at the Desert Inn while you were traveling through southern California. Please do let us know whenever you are in town.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Back again for a one night stay a few weeks ago. Probably have stayed here at least 8 times in the last 5 years. Wonderful managers who greet you with a smile and extra clean rooms. They even turned on the heat an hour before I was to arrive on a very cold night. Just when I thought it couldn't get better, they now have added flat screen tv and direct tv access. I will be back again in another month on my way south.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time and posting a review for the Desert Inn. Thank you again for staying at our motel as many times as you have. We do what we can to keep our guest happy, and it shows with your loyalty to the Desert Inn.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I totally agree that I felt like cops would bang on the door looking for the missing lady...just like a movie set! Very clean & "Andy" the front desk owner was sweet & very polite. We were stuck in all the traffic when I5 was closed. Called ahead after reading YELP reviews--they had a room & even turned the wall heater on so when got there the room was warm! Would stay there again if we needed to stop in Mohave.

Date of stay: February 2013
arunbhula, Manager at Desert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for staying at the Desert Inn. We are glad to see you enjoyed your over night stay. Please do let us know next time you are in town. If it's hot we will turn the AC on for you, if it's cold we will turn the heater on for you before your arrival. Thank you for taking the time and writing a review for the Desert Inn.