All reviews room was clean free wifi off the highway no frills a great place to stay cable tv microwave motel desert noise stop california dust remote vegas truck
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've stayed here several times over the past couple of years and have always been happy with the Desert Inn - it's clean, quiet and the people that run it are great. For someone like me looking for a nice, quiet place to crash after a day of offroading, this place is a great deal.

Room Tip: It's away from the train tracks so it's quiet!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark J
arunbhula, Manager at Desert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Hello Mark,

Thank you very much for staying at the Desert Inn every time you are in Mojave. We greatly appreciate your business!

Mojave,CA

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I kept expecting a black Cadillac to role up and have two FBI agents get out and walk over to the desk clerk to ask him questions about a couple who were reportedly staying there. As a reader of this review you might think it a bad thing but I found the Desert Inn to be perfectly picturesque in a town that some would define as quite the opposite.
The staff member working that night was very courteous and our stay was (in some ways regrettably... no FBI) very quite and pleasant. We would stay there again in a heartbeat if we ever find ourselves in that part of Southern California again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
arunbhula, Manager at Desert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Hello Jason,

That is a very interesting review about the FBI, hahaha. Our motel is quiet and we hardly ever have any trouble with our guests. We appreciate you wanting to stay at our motel again. Hope to see you soon. Thank you very much for staying at the Desert Inn.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a classic older desert motel that is excellently maintained. There are very few choices in this town, and I would come back here in a heartbeat. If you need something that looks like a condo, this is probably not your place, but the "modern" hotels in town looked run down. (I travel all over the world so I have my choice of hotels including the most fancy). I felt very comfortable here. Clean, clean, clean. Simple little fridge, freezer, etc. Can do light meals if you want to prepare your own food. Very good internet. Owner very responsive. Simple continental breakfast, but chains nearby. Very economical. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review for the Desert Inn. Keeping our rooms spot less is a priority, thank you for noticing that. We are AAA approved with a 2 star rating and they give us the cleanest motel in town plaque every year! Thank you again for writing a review.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is old and in the middle of now where. The staff however are very nice and helpful. I drove 5 hours to arrive at 2 a.m. the man was so friendly even in the middle of the night. Once you get into the room, it is clean and updated enough to make it pleasant. I will stay here again when I go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Hello,

We are glad you had a good nights rest. We hope to see you again. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

It's kind of charming that a little old motel can be a 5-star hotel by being the best in Mojave, a bleak, wind-blown little desert highway town that's nobody's tourist destination. And what makes it the best? The greatest distance from the railroad tracks! But it also has a real refrigerator-freezer, a microwave, free wifi, fairly comfortable bed, adequate shower, and a helpful proprietor who gives a sense of genuine warmth and hospitality. Not perfect but a good value for the price, it's the kind of motel my parents would have picked out on a road trip in the '60s. Well, they didn't have microwaves in the '60s; they had "kitchenettes." Anyway, I like it. Cleanliness? Eh, the floor wants vacuuming; but I can't say how much of the debris blew in with the Mojave wind.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review about the Desert Inn. We are glad you had a pleasant nights rest.