Desert Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$52
Hotels.com
Santa Fe Motel(Tehachapi)
$69
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe ownerroom was cleanfree wifioff the highwayno frillsdeath valleymicrowavetvmotelnoisestopcablecaliforniacerealdustremotevegas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Having driven all the way from the Grand Canyon on this day I was hoping for a noce place to stay and I wasn't dissapointed. It has everything you need. Its just of the main road but very quiet. You get a nice basic breakfast in the morning which is ample. This is a great place to stay for a great price!

• Stayed: October 2012
arunbhula, Manager at Desert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for staying with us on your road from the Grand Canyon. We hope you enjoyed the new flat screen tv with high definition. Soon we will be getting new beds as well. Thank you for taking the time and writing a review about your stay at the Desert Inn.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Felt very safe at this property - in a town that looked to have some unsavoury types lurking around. The man at the office was helpful and very polite, and didn't mind re-jigging the TV set-up, as we had pressed wrong buttons on remote. It was extremely hot but the air con. soon cooled things down. The view from the room was best hidden behind curtains...not a pleasant outlook, but this did not detract from the overall experience. Breakfast was included - we left early for a long drive so didn't have any. Room rate was good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Giltim_coro

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review about the Desert Inn. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our motel.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had a business trip in Bakersfield / Mojave...I found the Desert Inn on Trip Advisor.The reviews were stellar...I concur !!! I travel often and the Desert Inn was a great find in the Mojave area
I was checked in and out by very friendly and efficient staff, and my room was clean and nicely furnished. The temperature was ideal, too, and the motel was quiet during the evening hours.
I especially enjoyed the large Flat screen TV,HBO & over (100) Channels & Wi-FI too boot.The owners were extremely helpful and take great pride in their hotel and customer service.
A very Good Experience, and I would definitely stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
arunbhula, Manager at Desert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for staying at our motel. We are glad you took advantage of the 140 HD channels that we offer! Thank you again for taking the time and writing a review about the Desert Inn.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The bathroom door wouldn't close. The rooms are old and look it. But very clean. Good value. Would stay again. Friendly and helpful staff. Convenient to gas and food. Nice place to establish a motel base camp for exploring the desert. Near the tortoise preserve.

• Stayed: June 2012

Hello,

Sorry that your bathroom door did not close. We are going to be changing that really soon. Other than the bathroom door issue, we are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Found this excellent motel in Mojave by searching the net, & it had the best reviews . I reserved three rooms fo myself & co workers and we love it, am here one week now and may be here another but depends on work schedule , the owner and his wife are very helpful, and will give you all the help and advise you need to make your stay comfortable , the price is right and you could not ask for better, I travel all over California with work and have to say am impressed to find digs like this in the desert ! The only negative thing I can say about the desert inn is that if your a working man and need to leave early in the morning - the breakfast does not start until 7am and you may miss it like me and my guys did, but owner will work with you and put it on a little earlier if needed ! Enjoy your stay folks :))

Room Tip: I had room 5, it was perfect for me , very quite in the corner, but laundry room is next door and is a little noisy on my only day off (Sunday).
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hello Dominic,

Thank you and your co-workers for staying as long as you have at our motel. We hope you continue to enjoy your stay.