All reviewsroom was cleanfree wifioff the highwayno frillsa great place to staycable tvmicrowavemoteldesertnoisestopcaliforniadustremotevegastruck
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed here for about two weeks during a work related trip. The service was great, the price was the best in town, new TVs, rooms were very clean, and the bed was great. Overall a very good experence. I would recomend this place to anyone going through Mojave.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank K P
arunbhula, Manager at Desert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review for our motel. We are glad you enjoyed your two week stay at the Desert Inn. Let us know whenever you are in town again.

Mojave, CA

Reviewed January 25, 2012

EXTREMELY CLEAN! The bathroom and shower were spotless!!!!! Bed was comfortable and had free WI FI and cable TV. They allowed dogs for FREE which was a plus. Hotel manager very friendly and wanted to please. Received juice, danish, oatmeal, and fruit in the morning. Coffee was only in your room and they gave you more packs if you asked. They also have decaf if you ask for it. Excellent value. Large room, refrigerator, microwave, desk and chair plus 2 beds in room. Not fancy but great for a night traveler, older property. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wylliel

Hello,

Keeping our rooms spotless in a windy town is definitely a priority for us. We do our best to keep our rooms as clean as possible, while giving our guests all the amenities needed for a comfortable nights rest. Thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

i was going to see my mother for cristmas in boron ca the town mojave was empty only carls and mickie ds open the food was good for breakfast the room clean color tv service exlent the office mgr hes a great guy he cares about the guest and hes wife is vary kind coffee in the rooms iwork for la city dept of water and power ive stayed in many hotels this one is the best one in mojave quite clean contenental breakfast what ever you need this manager wants to help i will stay here again as a matter of fact this hotel will be the only hotel i will stay in i sleap great and my truck was safe the chp is right down the road if your going on vacation and want clean sheets i mean clean cheak out this place i give it a 5 star rating thank you dan davies

Room Tip: all the rooms are secure safe lots of parking easy to find
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Hello Dan,

Thank you very much for the review. We are glad you had a pleasant over Christmas at our motel. Let us know when you are in town again. We just upgraded our tv's to 32" flat screen LCD's.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

My plan to stay at the Desert Inn was based on the positive reviews I found online. I was pleased to see this little motel lived up to its expectations. When I arrived at night around 8PM, the man at the office was waiting for me with a room key and a smile. He had explained that he already turned the heat on for me and made sure the room was in top shape. It is safe to say he is very friendly. While booking, he was a little hard to understand on the phone, but it was not at all due to his attitude or demeanor. The rooms were very clean (cleaner than motel 6), the prices were very reasonable (about those of Motel 6), and the included breakfast gave us a nice apple, orange, orange juice, cinnabun, and oatmeal. The man who ran the front desk even encouraged me to take some more for the road. The food was all displayed pleasantly in the office where you check in. Check in was around 3PM or so, and check out is at 11AM. I do recommend staying here. Lastly, the office was very concerned that we had a positive stay and everything was to our satisfaction. It was very nice to get this kind of service out here in the desert. A 5/5. Good job!

Room Tip: Mention the Trip Advisor website. The hotel manager is very concerned about everyone having a positive experience and writing a positive review. I think it is lovely to see this traditional good service. "You take good care of me, and I'll say good things about you." It's a wonderful consumer satisfaction cycle that you do not see much anymore with chain motels.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidMaiolo
arunbhula, Manager at Desert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

Hello David,

Thank you very much for taking the time and writing about your experience at our motel. We do our best to make sure our guests are satisfied with their stay at the Desert Inn. If your ever in town do let us know and we will turn the heater/ac on for your comfort. Thank you.

Mojave, CA

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Extremely well maintained older hotel off the road a bit, so less noise. All the amenities including coffee maker & fridge in room plus continental breakfast. Friendly manager. I'm pretty health minded, so the breakfast didn't work for me, but that's not usually why you choose a place. Clean, comfortable room & hot shower, safe surroundings. Great, economical place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JerryGowandering

Hello Jerry,

We are glad you had a pleasant experience at the Desert Inn. Next time your in town let us know and we can go get a breakfast suitable for your healthy needs if you are not satisfied with what we serve in our continental breakfast. Thank you very much for taking the time and writing about your experience at our motel.