“Expect the worst of this low-end motel.”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Mojave
Concord, Massachusetts
“Expect the worst of this low-end motel.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

The only way NOT to be disappointed is to expect the worst! Low-end, horribly noisy road motel at its worst.
Thin walls made me hear every single word from my neighbor's room even when they were not loud [and worse when they became louder]. Noise isolation simply non-existent; Cargo trains pass frequently during the night, and one feels as if they pass under one's pillow. Even the horribly noisy, old heating/cooling system could not mask the outside noises [or other rooms' noises], but every time it went into operation I woke up. I usually sleep VERY soundly. Room was decently clean but the old decor, furniture and bad maintenance made it feel dirty. Unfortunately, my room smelled strongly as well, as I believe will all rooms at this end of the motel [nearer to the office].
I would try ANY other option in town, if I ever have to stay in Mojave again, and I suggest you do too.

Room Tip: another motel, maybe another town if not forced to stay in Mojave - cargo train traffic is constant...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank ernani_99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I liked the proprietor of this motel very much, and it had free internet too. Beyond that, it was nothing but bad news. The parking spaces were too narrow, the room was small and overcrowded with useless furniture, like the small table that one would be afraid to sit anything on because it was so unstable. The blower for the air conditioner has to be the loudest I've ever heard, ruining everything from conversation to TV. The sink faucet was so hard to turn on that my wife couldn't turn it on by herself, and it had hot and cold reversed. There was one small piece of soap, and the rest of the stuff was the liquid variety. If you don't like that, you're out of luck. The wallpaper was ripped, the light over the sink was missing its cover, and so forth. The "continental breakfast" consisted of a tray with four wrapped grocery store buns and a carafe of coffee, watched over like a hawk. The TV was dusty and the floor itself, while it didn't look particularly bad, made me want to keep my socks on. In short, this, my fourth Americas Best Value Inn on my trip, made me think that I don't want to take a chance on this brand anymore. It's rated either a 3 or a 4 by the company, and that is just a joke. It makes even Motel 6 look like luxury.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Mojave hotels

Pahrump, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Pets allowed. Clean rooms. Not overpriced. Near a restaurant.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
abvi300, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with other travelers. We take all responses very seriously and we are happy that you found us to be of good value, clean, and with a friendly staff. We look forward to your return visit.

Victor Vora
Manager
Los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2010

I usually pass through Mojave for business issues and I used to stay in Days Inn. It was really expensive for me so I thought to try this place and l am glad I came here. This place has everything I need such as high speed wi-fi, microwave and fridge for about $45 a night. Rooms are very neat and clean and staff is very helpful. I would really recommend this place if you are coming to mojave area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank carolsmithley
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2009

This was a quiet spot with all basic amenities included (pool & hot tub too!). The room had Cable TV, WI-FI, Microwave, Fridge and clean linens and towels. The A/C worked well too. Convenient location next door to a gas station with competitve gas prices and a mini-mart, there were lots of other food choices around but probably not open late (this is a very small town).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

I am surprised by the reviews this motel is getting. Let me tell you the truth about this place because I have stayed here for about 5 month and still continuing. I had to come to Mojave for business at Edward Air Force Base. I needed room for long term stay that is neat and can meet my budget as well. I looked through some these motels online including Americas best value inn, days inn, Best Western and Econolodge and checked pictures, just usual searching. I looked at all these place and checked price and quality. Okay so I am businessman, I needed room with Wi-Fi, Microwave, and Fridge, coffee(addiction!!!!)....and lets not forget the good price!!!!!!. Victor (manager) offered really cheap rates(try bargaining and mention its for long term). Trust me I know this town and this place. Service is good as well. I never had any problems with it.
It looks better then pictures on their website, its spacious.
Cons: Lobby is small(for those who care about lobby??) and usually gets booked out on weekdays .

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2009

My husband and I got a room for a couple of hours to spend the night. We went in bed to find hundreds of little black nasty bugs all over the sheets in our bed. The Indian man who gave us the room very rude, didn't want to give us our money back and started yelling at us that there is no way he can give us our money back just a different dirty room. He called the police and the police laughed and said "I wouldn't want a different room If i were you to" Don't ever stay here!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
ABVIManager_13, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay here. We welcome any suggestions and comments that help us be a better hotel. When you checked out we gave you guys a refund for the night. We hope that you give you another chance in the future. Thank you for your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mojave
Motel 6 Mojave - Airport
BEST WESTERN Desert Winds
Mariah Country Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN California City Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Tehachapi Hwy 58 / Mill Street
Desert Inn
Desert Inn
#3 of 8 in Mojave

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!