“No Respect”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were told to wait 10 minutes. During all this time, 3 woman were talking at front desk ignoring the client. Finally, one of them asked us to follow her with menu and assigned a table. It was about 20 other vacant table around. We were waiting 10 minutes for nothing or should I say, to allow them to finish their conversation. I called the manager and showed her all vacant table. It wasn't really a concern for her, she never apologized. Who care ? You are a client just entitled to pay the bill, nothing else. Here is a prefect example why our economy is damaged.

There are newer reviews for Elephant Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed October 10, 2013

A group of us went to the Elephant Bar in Modesto for lunch and to visit. They let us stay as long as we wanted. The food was superb. I love anything and everything on the menu. I had the chicken Marsalla with garlic mashed potatoes. Yummy!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Thay had a coupon for dinner for 2 for $20.00 in the Sunday newspaper. It was a good value with an appetizer or dessert and an entre.

1  Thank acdc5348
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Reminds me of Rain Forest Cafe, without the people. Got there at 7 PM on a Tuesday and the place was empty. A lot of different types of food, no unifying theme, a little of this, a little of that. Decor was strange, a little of this (leopard spots) and a little of that (sort of African safari). Food was okay but nothing to rave about. The portions were lackluster, except the oversize beers were as advertised. Probably would not go there again.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I went to the Modesto Elephant Bar Restaurant with a group of lady friends. When it came time for my order, I told the waiter I wanted the chicken salad with the fruit with citrus dressing on the side. I specifically asked for spring mix greens NOT iceburg lettuce. Guess what I got, iceburg lettuce under the sliced chicken breast. Arranged around the chicken slices was some spring mix with small pieces of iceburg.
Had I not been with my lady friends I would have sent it back.
I have not eaten there in a long time and it will be another long stretch of time (months to years) before I partake there again.
Oh, the salad was ok tasting for a $13 salad which I thought was a little high priced.