“The best meal of our vacation”
Review of Concetta

Concetta
Ranked #7 of 505 Restaurants in Modesto
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We were staying only one night in Modesto, on our way to Sequoia and Yosemite. I hadn't planned a restaurant ahead of time, so I had to resort to the phone book -- not something I would usually do! What a lucky pick. The host made us feel so welcome, gave us a great table, and served us the best food of our trip. I couldn't decide which wine to order by the glass, so he poured me a small sip of each to taste. The entrees were served tapas style, so we were all able to sample each other's choices. All were delicious farm to table treats.

1  Thank heidibear10
There are newer reviews for Concetta

Reviewed October 11, 2009

My husband and I are regulars at Concetta. We love the interesting combinations of flavors in the food and the everchanging menu. Also, the atmosphere is very laid back and they have some interesting wines by the glass. On the downside, the service can be slow on busy nights.

1  Thank ModEater
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Concetta is always a wonderful combination of familiar dishes and new things they are trying out, and everything is amazingly good, and fresh, and surprising. The staff are all fantastic and Paul is usually hanging around to pitch in, to make wine recommendations, or to stop by to chat.

If you're in a hurry, then go somewhere else. If you insist on having your own plate, all to yourself, with Olive Garden-sized entrees, then go somewhere else. If you like to talk while eating with friends, then this is the place. If you have really great memories of that slow-food place in Rome or that place in the village in France that you will never find again, then go to Concetta's.

Reviewed April 4, 2009

Paul, the owner, will serve you delicious tapas. He takes great pride in offering an eclectic offering of tasty dishes. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 25, 2008

Do yourself a favor and take your money elsewhere if you want to dine out in Modesto during these hard economic times and do not go to this restaurant. My wife and I went here before a concert and I ordered Pizza of the Day(which took a day to get to our table), and my wife ordered Mostaccioli w/Braised Lamb which was average at best. My wife was finished with her dish by the time my Pizza of the Day arrived. When one of the waitresses asked if everything was OK with the meal, and I complained about my meal taking so long to get she acted like I had the problem. Very rude! Unbelievable during these times. We will never go there again and would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.