“Real New York Italian food in cowboyland”

Chefs of New York Pizzeria
Ranked #13 of 508 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I got invited there by a friend and have been back about 1/2 a dozen times.
I try the special each visit and have never been disappointed .
Owner is a real people person and makes everyone feel welcome.

Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Small place with delicious Italian food I'n Modesto! Vincent, the owner, made good on a problem we had with a pizza recently. He was gracious and made sure our next meal was enjoyable. He strives to provide top notch food--and service. Busy place. And in our economy now...that is a great thing!!!! Food is hot, the best Italian Sausage, and good servers. Try them out soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I love Chefs of New York. It is the place we take our friends when they come to town because they are always impressed that little Modesto could have such a great place. I'm not a fan of the chain eateries and this is truly one of a kind. The owner Vinnie is adorable and always makes us feel welcome. My husband always orders the pasta alfredo and I'm a fan of the specials and the penne a la vodka. The pizza is on the thinnest crust and the ingredients are the freshest. We are happy to hear that they are expanding because our only complaint is that it is sometimes super busy.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Great pizza that is almost NY style - large slices, but the several times I have it, it is not the soft folding style. Nevertheless, the pizza is great & their sauce has a nice slightly sweet taste. I have had their Italian salad, Eggplant Ziti Sicilian & Mannicotti which were great. I had the fettuccine alfredo once but the sauce was watery, but they took it off the bill. Service is outstanding & friendly. I have used groupons & living social deals here. Great vegetarian options.

1  Thank MihirMeghani
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is a quaint little Italian Restaurant! Family owned, and Vincent the owner and waitstaff are very accomodating!

The food is delicious, especially the pizza, garlic knots and tiramisu!

The lunch specials are very good, and quite reasonable in price!

We look forward to dining there again soon!