“Good Italian Food at Fair prices”

Vito’s Ristorante
Ranked #268 of 504 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Description: authentic Italian and American cusine
Description: authentic Italian and American cusine
Modesto, CA
“Good Italian Food at Fair prices”
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My husband and I eat at Vito's a lot. It has good food at reasonable prices. It is one of the few nicer restaurants where we feel comfortable taking the kids.

Modesto, CA
“Worthy to hang with the best of downtown restaurants...”
Reviewed November 24, 2008

After joining some friends for drinks Friday night, my wife and I had a great dinner. I'm told there are new owners recently, and the food was noticeably better than the last time we ate here. We each had a pasta dinner, with house salads. The service was responsive and attentive, and the atmosphere relaxing. Upon getting the check, I was pleasantly surprised to see they charged me $6.50 for a Makers Mark Manhattan - I was at Bacchus three days earlier where I paid $12.00! The entire bill was $41.00 before tip. We will be back.

1 Thank PTrompet
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Went there for the 1st time and had their shrimp alfredo and it was the best i've ever had, yet my husband had an...”
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Went there for the 1st time and had their shrimp alfredo and it was the best i've ever had, yet my husband had an eggplant dish and it wasn't what he expected, This place is amazing. Great place to take your date, very romantic.....staff is very nice and on top of things...

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Modesto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Atmosphere, and Prices”
Reviewed June 22, 2008

We had lunch at Vito's for the first time and were quite impressed. The staff was extremely attentive and the food was absolutely delicious.

1 Thank apryncess
Half Moon Bay, California
“Decent Italian Food and Great Service”
Reviewed December 21, 2007

Vito's is one of Modesto's newest restaurants. It has taken over the space vacated by Oceana, Modestos' only seafood restaurant, that closed unexpectedly earlier this year.

It was a pleasant surprise. Both the restaurant and the bar were packed on Friday night at 6:45 and we managed to get thel ast open table. Service was quick, attentive and friendly. The bread is freshly baked, and I do mean "fresh" because we were watching the chef make it! The menu features all of the standard Italian dishes. My wife had shrimp on a pile of greens. I had chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto, cheese and basil and covered with a roasted red pepper sauce. The chicken was served with a huge mound of garlic mashed potatoes and veggies. It was very tasty. One of the things I liked about it is that the veggies were al dente and even the basil in the chicken still had some texture.

The wine list is decent but nothing special. The dessert menu looked fantastic but we were too stuffed to sample it.

So even though Vito's is a fairly new place, the kitchen and the staff are really on top of things. They seem to be off to a good start. I'd go back. It will never be Galetto's, but I hope that it becomes a fixture in downtown Modesto.

Been to Vito’s Ristorante? Share your experiences!