Comfort Inn
  • Breakfast included
Average 3/5
  • Fitness center
Good 3.5/5
All reviewskoi pondwafflesrelaxing staybehind the counterdecent hotelevery morningroom was cleannice breakfastother hotelsgreat roomenjoyed my stayfirst floorbreakfast buffetfreewayrepairatrium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2008

My family and I decided to visit Modesto, and the reasonable prices caught my attention. When I checked in, the girl at the front desk was surprisingly upbeat and friendly. There were freshly baked cookies set out, and the lobby looked very clean and stylish.

As we got up to our room, the only thing I wish they would fix is there is no air conditioning in the hallways, just open windows.

Our room had a wonderful view of a koi pond and the pool, which was nice because we did not want to face the parking lot. Our room was alittle small, but made up for it with lots of amenties. Microwave, refridgerator, coffee maker, and a VERY comfy bed.

All in all, must say we had a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank bayarea_business
ModestoQI, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2009

bayarea_business,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to review our property, we truly appreciate it. We love to welcome our guests with fresh cookies and a warm smile when they arrive. We do have air conditioning units installed in the hallways, but usually housekeeping will turn them off during the day to let in fresh air and turn them back on in the evening. When you are in the area again, please come back and visit us again!

Reviewed April 6, 2008

Just off Hwy 99 - Had a great time at this hotel.

No free breakfast - as they have a restaurant. We did not eat there. We had breakfast across the road at the Sonic America's favorite Drive-In. (just back out across the main road next the hwy)

Rooms were spacious and comfy. Beds were upgraded with the softer linens. All was about standard for this star level. Bathroom felt clean and was well appointed. Good supply of shampoo & conditioner. :) Sitting chair was comfy and there was a desk area.

The pool/spa is outdoors in the middle of the complex. Very nice area is a little more greener than the average pool area for these types of hotels. Great area to hang out with the kids of all ages. Very welcoming.

For dinner we walked over (out the back side of hotel next to Walmart) to John's Incredible Pizza Co. $130 bought us all (6) buffet dinners (excellent macc-n-cheese pizza), lazer tag, mini golf, bumper cars, air hockey, and tons of games. What a great way to spend 3 hours after a long day in the car!

There are several great dining options all within walking distance. Olive Garden, Black Angus, Pollo Loco, Outback, they just go on and on.

A great place to stay over and hang out. Comfy rooms. Good staff.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Kair S
Comfort_Inn_Modesto, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2009

Dear Kairbear,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate the kind words. I just wanted to add that we do have a free breakfast in the morning which consists of scrambled eggs, waffles, toast and many other items. Next time you are in the area, please contact me directly and I will make sure you are well taken care of. Thank you for staying with us.

Prashil Chandra

Reviewed September 12, 2007

I stayed for a brief overnight stay on September 10, 2007. The check-in process was smooth and uneventful which is good news. My room was a non-smoking with a comfortable king size bed. You can tell that the room (including the bathroom) was recently updated with a new linens and a fresh coat of paint.

I did not partake in the free breakfast the next morning so I can't really comment on the quality of the food. For the price of the room (less than $100), there were no major problems that I found.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Socallawgrl
Reviewed July 7, 2007

After reading the stellar previous review, we chose to stay at this Comfort Inn, instead of the neighboring Courtyard Marriott.

Check-in was super smooth and the desk clerk was very hospitable. We requested on our reservation a "quiet room" and the room we received was on the first floor, right next to a lovely waterfall with a koi pond. A microwave, small refrigerator and coffeemaker were also in the room.

My only concern is once again there were NOT ENOUGH towels in the bathroom! Two guests, two sets of bathtowels, please!

The hotel is quiet. A continental breakfast in the morning, great coffee and plenty of newspapers in the lobby.

All staff was pleasant and accomodating. We'll be staying at a Comfort Inn in the future

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank PetuniaCake
Reviewed March 25, 2007

This is now a Comfort Inn, and was nicer than we thought it would be, based on the price (we did get a significant disount with our organization membership, however). This was a short overnight stop on a long road trip this past weekend, but I wish we had had time to stay longer.

I booked ahead and requested a quiet location because we would be arriving around midnight, and called several hours before our arrival to make sure someone would be at the front desk. They were very helpful and friendly, even at midnight, we got a great quiet location facing a lovely courtyard with a pond and the pool, not the freeway, and the room was very clean. There was a slight antiseptic aroma when we first entered the room but it was gone after a minute or so. The quiet room vent and pillow-top mattress made for a quick trip to Dreamland. They provided three pillows for our king bed but we always bring our own so I can't comment on the quality of the pillows (they aren't feather/down and they aren't those awful super-fat foam monstrosities). The only slightly negative thing was that they didn't use a fitted sheet on the bottom, the flat sheet wasn't tucked in very well, and my husband's side came out during the night (but he didn't notice it so no sleep lost). The bathroom was small but had a recently tiled floor, a nice bowed shower curtain rod making for a roomy shower, and the sink had a new granite countertop. The fridge was great for chilling our drinks and refreezing our cooler’s ice packs. There was also a small (!) coffeemaker and a microwave that we didn't need this time. There's a free breakfast but we had to leave before it was served (6 am on Sundays). The pool looked nice and free internet is available, too, but we didn’t have time to use those, either.

If we ever need to stop in Modesto again, this is definitely where we'll stay, and hopefully we’ll have enough time to enjoy the things we missed this time.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple