“Good place to stay.”

Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Good place to stay.”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Good place to stay as titled. The tv channel selection was awesome! I wish more motels had that selection. They do need to do a little repair work on the motel though.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Brew311

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cotati, California
Reviewed January 30, 2011

From the time we checked in till the time we left, everything was great about our stay and our room. My husband loved the flat screen TV and I loved the free WiFi connection. The fridge and microwave work great. Everything is very clean and the bed is super comfortable. There weren't many staying at the hotel while we were there so it was super quiet (except my husband's snoring).

This is my third stay at a Comfort Inn! For the price and amenities offered, they will definitely be my first choice for future hotel stays!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank purplemama69
Fresno, California
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I stay in Modesto several times a year and have a new favorite hotel: the Comfort Inn. I liked everything about this hotel down to small touches such as providing a rubber bathmat. The bed was perfect; the new flat screen TV with HBO was just fine, and I enjoyed the view of the peaceful courtyard with its Koi pond right outside the sunny breakfast room. As for breakfast, they serve a full, hot breakfast with eggs, waffles, and oatmeal along with the usual muffins and pastries. And finally, the staff are all outstanding. The hotel is exceptionally well-run, perhaps due to one of the two managers being there every day, all day. The hotel is located in the best area by the Vintage Faire mall and has a fine Mexican restaurant next door. This area is quite commercial with several hotels in this area and a CVS pharmacy, but the Comfort Inn property is lush with large shade trees. I've stayed at a few Modesto hotels and have finally found the best one.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank NanciFresno_CA
Fremont, California
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Prashil Chandra was at front desk on 5/21 when we finally checked in-we had spoken to him several times to get directions because many streets were closed because of bike race.
He was so gracious & so helpful and made us feel welcome immediatly-
Breakfast was great and Jacquie Miller who was in charge of it made sure everything we needed was available at all times-Comfort Inn is very lucky to have both of them working here because they are both tremendous assests to Comfort Inn.
We were coming home from trip to LA & had already stayed at 2 other hotels the 2 past nights-on a scale of 1-10 Comfort Inn ranks a 10+-the other 2 Inns were between 7-9.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank knb4me
livermore
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We decided to get a smoking room due to the fact we were planning on doing a lil drinking, Gees Louise, this whole place smells like an ashtray,they don't even seem to air the rooms out, I 've smelled smoking rooms before and this takes the cake- but as we traveled down the hallway to get cups that were not in our room, the hallways, the rooms OMG I used half a bottle of spray I keep in my car just so I could sit in the nasty chair, these rooms are not very clean or kept up very well, bedspread had holes, chair had holes,DEFINAtLY not worth the 75.00 for the room, we drove out here to buy a car from Roberts Auto Sales( awesome place) and staying in this place was yukky!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank youdontknowdoyou

Travelers are raving about these Modesto hotels

Boston
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Again, we arrived in Modesto late on a Saturday night and all the other motels closer to town were fully booked due to XFest. We found the place OK - just off Rt 99 on the South side.

The parking lot was small, a lot of it taken up by vehicles and trailors. So we had to make our own spot.

The front desk area was OK. A bit above average for a typical Comfort Inn. The staff was friendly and we got our room quickly.

The room was a bit on the small side, but clean. The beds were OK - a bit hard to my tastes, and the pillows flat. But the decor was OK and the AC worked well.

We were tired having travelled all day to Sequoia National Park nearby. So we went out to grab something to eat, watched some TV, and went to bed.

Around 1:30am, the neighbors started to arrive. Obviously drunk, they shouted down the halls, slammed doors, laughed loudly and kept the party going.

I woke up. My wife woke up. The kids woke up. We listened to it for 45 minutes before calling the front desk. "We'll look into it"

30 minutes later and still the party raged. I dressed and went out to investigate. The room next to ours had 5 girls in it, all blitzed. The room around the corner had their door open too and they were drinking. Further down the hall, others were playing music. At almost 3 in the morning.

I went to the front desk. The night man said the detail cop had just left for the night. I said that I had called him up a half hour ago, why didn't he take care of it then. No answer, but the Manager said he'd take care of it himself.

He must have, because 10 minutes later things were quieting down. We slept a bit more and left at 10 or so the next morning.

So to be fair, the other guests were most of the problem. Never go to Modesto during XFest, as it must be quite the drunkfest. But the walls were pretty thin and the detail cop pointless. It shouldn't have taken over an hour to get the problem resolved and the noise was so great there must have been others as unhappy as we were.

They did give us a discount off our bill for the problems, so they did try to make it up to us.

• Liked — Near the highway
  • Disliked — Noisy neighbors
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Chris B
fremont
Reviewed August 14, 2008

My family and I decided to visit Modesto, and the reasonable prices caught my attention. When I checked in, the girl at the front desk was surprisingly upbeat and friendly. There were freshly baked cookies set out, and the lobby looked very clean and stylish.

As we got up to our room, the only thing I wish they would fix is there is no air conditioning in the hallways, just open windows.

Our room had a wonderful view of a koi pond and the pool, which was nice because we did not want to face the parking lot. Our room was alittle small, but made up for it with lots of amenties. Microwave, refridgerator, coffee maker, and a VERY comfy bed.

All in all, must say we had a wonderful experience.

• Liked — staff was excellent and the bed was very comfortable
  • Disliked — no ac in hallways
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bayarea_business
ModestoQI, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2009
bayarea_business,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to review our property, we truly appreciate it. We love to welcome our guests with fresh cookies and a warm smile when they arrive. We do have air conditioning units installed in the hallways, but usually housekeeping will turn them off during the day to let in fresh air and turn them back on in the evening. When you are in the area again, please come back and visit us again!