“Worst night sleep EVER”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Folsom
“Worst night sleep EVER”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Let me start by saying I travel alot and have been a "Diamond" HHonors member (Hiltons highest level) for 8 years. When I travel Double Tree is my "Goldilocks" hotel choice of "not to formal, Not to casual" so I seek them out. I was in Modesto for a one night stay and picked this Double tree, Called them to make sure i was away from the train noises and the REALLY nice person on he phone assured me i was.. WRONG

I'm on the 10th floor (Staying here now) and i was awoken every 60-90 minutes BY TRAINS.

Now there's a simple fix for this and it's NOT the earplugs the hotel provide in it's rooms. One of the Hiltons i stay at is at the airport in Amsterdam, NL. It's a 2 minute walk to the terminal so it's location is really close to the noise of the planes and guess what.. The rooms are SILENT because they have triple pained widows to completely block ALL outside noise.

So

If you are sensitive to noise when you sleep this hotel is NOT for you. Yes the people who work here are very kind BUT they can't make the train noise go away

1 Thank FolsomDude01
FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind words about the hotel staff and we appreciate your status of a Diamond member as well. We continue to work directly with City and State authoities to achieve a quiet zone by our hotel. We are very sorry you were not put on the quiet side of the hotel but I can assure you your request will be met during your next stay. We sincerely hope you will give us a second chance to impress you when your in the Modesto area again.

Kole Siefken

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Windsor, California
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed here in August 2013, for a friend's party.
Like most Doubletree hotels, it was a pretty nice place at a pretty decent price.
We went out walking around, and the neighborhood seemed a little sketchy, but the hotel itself was nice.
I've stayed at a few Doubletrees, and they are pretty consistent. Always a good value for the money.
Should you be in Modesto, and need a place to stay, give this place a try.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sonomamon
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind words about the Brand and especially our hotel. We hope that if you ever find yourself in Modesto again we will be your hotel of choice.

San Jose
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a second time. Our first trip was in December and there was a problem with our room not being ready and then when it was the carpets were soaking wet and it made the room dank and musty (turns out they shampooed the carpets that day and they were still wet). They offered us a $50 credit towards our next stay so we went again and this time the room looked great but the toilet didn't work and the next morning when we went to shower we realized they installed the faucet dial incorrectly (so hot points to cold and vice versa) which turned out to be a moot point since there was no hot water to be had. I don't want to try again even with $50 off.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you letting us know of your experience in the hotel. We truly apologize for all of the inconviences that you suffered while staying with us. We certainly hope that you do choose us again and when you are ready to do so please give me a call so I can personally make your reservation for you.

Stockton, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was quoted $100 over the phone. I noticed my card was charged $150 on a Sunday night!!! No one even returned my call. I am very unhappy with the price and some service. I could have gone down the street with a similar hotel for cheaper. You don't get what you pay for, sorry to say. Ok well that's that. Good luck on trying to use your AAA discount card also. They wouldn't give me a discount ....

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are concerned that you were quoted one price however billed a higher price. Please feel free to call me at anytime to discuss this further so we can make it right. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kansas City, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I do not sleep well the first night in a hotel. Now, I'm not going to say that by some miracle I slept all night, but I will say I had the best first night sleep I think I've ever had. The restaurant had good food both nights, and the service was great.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments about our hotel and the services that we offer. We put a lot of time into training and we are so happy you noticed. We are in hopes that you will continue to choose us on any future visits to Modesto.

San Jose, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2014

DoubleTree Hotel has always come through for me whether it's business or leisure. My family and I always enjoyed staying at the hotel, but I was disappointed at my last stay. For the value, it's pretty nondescript. Stayed on the 6th floor, and the carpets are musty and dirty, as in needing to be shampooed. Granted that it's an older hotel, I understand it has been refurnished

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I will personally inspect the room that you stayed in so that this does not happen again to any future guests. We are in hopes that if you visit the Modesto area again you will give us a second chance to impress you.

Lompoc, California
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The room I was in is in desperate need of attention, from the carpet! gross to the un-matching granite wow..Main train line is across the street so sleep will not be something you will get a lot of during your stay. parking if you get your ticket validated it wont cost you A dime, I didn't get my cookie upon check in, did you? WE WERE HERE ON BUSINESS FOR OUR JOB AND THEY EXPECTED US TO USE OUR CREDIT CARD,, WHEN THE EXPENSE REPORT GETS FOWARDED TO OUR JOB FOR PAYMENT, DO THEY THINK WE WOULD JEPODIZE OUR JOB??? ....IN THE EVENT WE TRASHED THE ROOM ETC,

Room Tip: ask to sleep away from "L" street..away from train station, and nobody talks to you