“Over Priced”

DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was quoted $100 over the phone. I noticed my card was charged $150 on a Sunday night!!! No one even returned my call. I am very unhappy with the price and some service. I could have gone down the street with a similar hotel for cheaper. You don't get what you pay for, sorry to say. Ok well that's that. Good luck on trying to use your AAA discount card also. They wouldn't give me a discount ....

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are concerned that you were quoted one price however billed a higher price. Please feel free to call me at anytime to discuss this further so we can make it right. Hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I do not sleep well the first night in a hotel. Now, I'm not going to say that by some miracle I slept all night, but I will say I had the best first night sleep I think I've ever had. The restaurant had good food both nights, and the service was great.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments about our hotel and the services that we offer. We put a lot of time into training and we are so happy you noticed. We are in hopes that you will continue to choose us on any future visits to Modesto.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

DoubleTree Hotel has always come through for me whether it's business or leisure. My family and I always enjoyed staying at the hotel, but I was disappointed at my last stay. For the value, it's pretty nondescript. Stayed on the 6th floor, and the carpets are musty and dirty, as in needing to be shampooed. Granted that it's an older hotel, I understand it has been refurnished

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I will personally inspect the room that you stayed in so that this does not happen again to any future guests. We are in hopes that if you visit the Modesto area again you will give us a second chance to impress you.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

The room I was in is in desperate need of attention, from the carpet! gross to the un-matching granite wow..Main train line is across the street so sleep will not be something you will get a lot of during your stay. parking if you get your ticket validated it wont cost you A dime, I didn't get my cookie upon check in, did you? WE WERE HERE ON BUSINESS FOR OUR JOB AND THEY EXPECTED US TO USE OUR CREDIT CARD,, WHEN THE EXPENSE REPORT GETS FOWARDED TO OUR JOB FOR PAYMENT, DO THEY THINK WE WOULD JEPODIZE OUR JOB??? ....IN THE EVENT WE TRASHED THE ROOM ETC,

Room Tip: ask to sleep away from "L" street..away from train station, and nobody talks to you

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We know that you were disappointed in your stay and we will take steps to improve. We are in hopes that if you are in the Modesto area again, you will give us a second chance to impress you.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stay here frequently for business travel. The people are fantastic, and I've never had any problems what-so-ever. Great service in the bar and restaurant, as well as at the front desk. Ask for the quite side, only downside is close to the RR tracks, but still a great place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of your kind comments and we are in hopes that you will choose us again when visiting the Modesto area.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Only stay at the Modesto Double Tree if you must. The room I was in is in desperate need of attention from the cleaning crews and maintenance staff. Trip and fall issue with the carpet, filth in the return vent in the bathroom. Main train line is accross the street so sleep will not be something you will get a lot of during your stay.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are always looking for ways to improve so your comments will not go unnoticed. We are in hopes that you will give us a second chance when visiting the Modesto area again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This Hilton in Modesto wasn't a value. I hadn't been to this location before so I was willing to spend extra to make sure I had a safe place to stay. There were plenty of hotels around, but I paid more, expecting nice accommodations. The room was nice, but bathroom smelled musty, awful! The ice maker on my floor was broken. When I checked in I requested extra towels and was told, "of course, no problem". Never saw them. The valet parking cost $16. a day or self park for $10. The self park was on another block & underground. Not safe at night. The staff was very friendly. Really nothing special or Hiltonesque here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and will pass them along to the staff for improvement. We are in hopes that if you are in the Modesto area again you will choose our hotel.