“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lakewood, Colorado
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at this Doubletree for one night while traveling for business in Modesto. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn in Salida, so this was a nice change of pace. I had a standard king room and it was huge! My room was on the side of the hotel that faces the train tracks. I can see how this would bother some people, but I love the sound of trains and actually slept better because of it.
The room service was delicious, but a little overpriced. Even though I paid way too much money for my BLT, I loved it and the waitstaff went above and beyond to make sure that I had everything I needed.
Overall, I really I enjoyed my stay here and felt like the room was a great value. I would pick this over the Hampton Inn again if the price was right.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room further away from the train tracks.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of your kind words about our hotel and we are in hopes that you will once again choose us for future stays while in the Modesto area.

Kole Siefken

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
salt lake city, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Excellent service from the welcoming staff. The rooms are average at best for a Double Tree and the rest of the experience is the the same. Caution for the extensive noise at night from passing trains.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments about our staff and we are in hopes that you will once again choose us on future visits to Modesto.

Atwater, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I escaped to the Doubletree just for a one night getaway. I got luxury accommodations and celebrity-quality service at a budget price. I entertained friends in my poolside patio room with well-prepared hors d'oeuvres from the restaurant downstairs and a fine bottle of wine, uncorked for me by the friendly hotel bartender. Later, I enjoyed the best night's sleep I have had in a while in a super comfortable bed. I highly recommend this spot whenever you plan to stay in the Modesto area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and were able to escape with a bottle of wine and get a comfortable nights sleep. We hope to see you again during your future visits to Modesto.

San Jose, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Best hotel in Modesto and reasonable price. In the middle of downtwon Modsto and close to restaurants, movie theater. Breakfast buffet is over priced. Some rooms are not renovated yet, so has worn feelings.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind comments about the hotel and the services we offer to our guests. We are currently renovating the remainder of our guest bathrooms and this should all be complete by the New Year. We hope that you continue to choose us on all future trips to Modesto.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

It was an amazing experience. We were in Modesto waiting for the birth of our 2nd child. It was stressful anyway, then one week stretched into two, then two into three, and we were in a hotel room with a 3 year old. He was a good sport, and the hotel staff - no exception - were amazing. They took care of us, were accommodating, kind and made us comfortable every day. Room service after three plus weeks could get old; here it didn't because our server and the in-room dining staff remembered what we liked, what made our three year old smile and truly went out of their way for us. Ditto the dining room, the valet, the front desk and housekeeping. When our daughter was finally born, eight days late, our family was congratulated by all at the Modesto Doubletree. A card, signed by literally everyone that worked there, welcomed our daughter, along with several adorable outfits for her. This is truly the sign of a great hotel, one my family and I would be happy to re-visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Will T
FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Will:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff. We enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope that you will choose us again when visiting Modesto. I will be sure to pass this along to my entire staff so all of them can be recognized. Congratulations on the baby!

san jose, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Overall it was a very good stay and I do plan to say again there in the first weekend in March. The service overall was very good and that is what I rate things. I travel a lot in my job as a traveling salesman selling mechanical parts.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

FPSBGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of your kind comments and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

victorville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

it would have been better if my room was not on the railroad side. it kept me awake most of the night with horns blowing and clanging of rails. ice machine right outside room was very noisy and you could hear all the ice dropping

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciated the business from the Elks Convention and we look forward to serving you in future years as well. We will definitely address the ice machine situation so that future guests are satisfied.