“modesto elks convention”

Best Western Palm Court Inn
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Staff very nice & helpful....hot breakfast 6:30-9:30 am (scrambled eggs,sausage links,make your own waffles etc)rooms clean,bed comfortable....grounds very clean,saw an employee picking up paper in parking lot,they had a work-out room,which I worked out in,pool open but not heated,small hot tub but comfortable!!!!

Room Tip: our room was on the 2nd floor,a/c unit not noisey,suggest rooms to the rear for less noise from free...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Trushilk, General Manager at Best Western Palm Court Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Hi Linda,

Thank you for giving us your great feedback! All of the guests with the Elks Lodge convention were wonderful to have at the hotel. I'm very happy to see you enjoyed your stay, as did the rest of the group that stayed with us. We look forward to hosting the Elks Lodge group again in the years to come!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Overall it was a great stay.
There are little minor annoyances, but nothing major. Parking here is a pain and the spots are definitely not for bigger vehicles. The bathroom doors are on sliders and do not provide much privacy. We had a very short stay, but the staff we encountered was extremely friendly. Again, overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your wonderful feedback. I do understand your concern of the privacy doors for bathrooms. Our second floor guest rooms do have a locking door separating the vanity area from the rest of the bathroom. If traveling with a large vehicle, we have no problem allowing guests to take multiple parking stalls. I'm glad to see your stay was enjoyable and our staff was accommodating.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Booked a King on-line at the BW site. Traveling to Modesto to meet wife's sister and brother-in-law before attending friends surprise BD party. Check in a little slow considering we were club members and they already had required info. Why bother if they're going to do it all over again anyway. Given nice quite inside garden room. Walked in an was surprised how small the room was; it reminded me of a Motel 6 from 40 years ago. The bathroom door was a slider since you wouldn't have been able to open a door fully either into the bathroom or the sleeping area. Bed was comfortable and room was clean, just a little tight. Sister-in-law checked in about an hour later and I find out that for $10 more you get a "Suite" which was 2x the size of our room. I wasn't going to change rooms but if I ever travel back to Modesto, which is unlikely, I'd pay the extra $10. The pool looked nice and the grounds and neighborhood were well maintained with several other hotels close-by. I am starting to get a little bored with the BW complimentary breakfast. It's the same at all locations. A change would be nice. Checked at the desk for a morning newspaper and they do not provide one nor is there a newspaper rack anywhere nearby. I'm used to getting USA Today at most nice motel/hotel sites.

Room Tip: Get an Inside Suite for $10 more.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robert C

Hi Robert. Thank you so much for your feedback. I apologize our Deluxe King was a bit small for you. As you had mentioned, we actually have a Superior King, which is more spacious, and a Premiere King, which is even larger and that is our suite with a separate sitting area and two flat screen TVs. We hope to see you again soon and thanks for the traveller's tip on the courtyard!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed for one night passing thru on the way to Palm Springs. A real throw back to the old days. Great highway motel. Beds were comfy, breakfast was really good. Eggs, sausage, home fries, juice & coffee. What more could you want.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank rjmcan

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and I'm very happy to see you enjoyed all facets of your stay with us. We hope you will be passing through again soon on your way to Palm Springs or wherever your travels may take you!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Very nice, newly renovated hotel. The lobby area is very cozy. The staff there was very friendly and accomodating. I wish I remembered their names, they were 2 very nice ladies that helped me check in and out with ease. I accidentally booked a room here on the wrong day and did not realize it until I was already on my way. I was able to switch my reservation, no problem with no extra fee (on a weekday). Would reccomend!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Trushilk, General Manager at Best Western Palm Court Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Hi Kristina,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your experience with us. I am glad to hear our staff was accommodating in fixing your reservation. We are happy to assist in making your travels easier and enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

One night stay for us on our way to the coast and this was a very nice and convenient location. Room was large, good bed and nice interior courtyard for our dog to sniff around and play. Nice pool too. Complimentary breakfast in the morning was ok, but scrambled eggs were so salty I had to throw them out.

Room Tip: We had an executive king on inside courtroom location. I think that was good, especially with pet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback and I'm glad you (and your pet) enjoyed your stay. The courtyard seems to be a hit with guests and their four legged family members. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was one of the many places we stayed during our vaction and was by far the best. Better than our timeshare at another locatiion at the end of our trip. Very nice roooms, beautiful courtyard, and overall very nice. We will recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you very much William for your wonderful feedback. I am very happy to hear that it was the nicest place on your trip...even better than a timeshare! Your feedback means a lot.

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!