Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
michael h
Rancho Cordova, California

Church conference

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 9, 2019
Nice hotel with free WiFi, free breakfast, clean room, bar and restaurant. In door pool, Close to freeway easy on and off. Several restaurants close.
Checking in and out was extremely easy. I’ve stayed here several times with no problem
Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Responded Jul 10, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from our valued guests who enjoy their stay at our hotel and the amenities we offer. We look forward to having you come to stay with us again!
$120
    $136
  • Algotels
3.2 miles from Clarion Inn Conference Center
View more hotels in Modesto
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 7, 2019

Had it not been for this problem, my rating would have been much higher.

This room had a shower control, where the end of the bathtub spout had to be pulled down to engage the shower. When I did this, all that came out of the shower was a very slight drip-drop. I know about this kind of control, and tried it several times.

Of course, this wasn't discovered until the morning, when we were in a hurry to leave. Did not have time to wait for a maintenance person on a Sunday morning.

When I reported it to the desk, not a single effort was made for any compensation whatsoever for our inconvenience. The absolute minimum we expect from a hotel is a bed and a shower. Without one of these, we might as well sleep in the car.

By the way, this wasn't the only plumbing problem. The bathroom sink faucet sputtered and barely had adequate flow. They may need a new plumber.

I contacted Choice Hotels, and they too said Sorry but no compensation whatsoever.

We will no longer consider Clarion Hotels.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Don S
Jocelyn V, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced when attempting to shower the morning of your departure. I am unsure which room you were in so we can make sure that this maintenance issue is looked into as I do not see any notes of any situations like this reported to the front desk. I would like to assure you that when a maintenance or housekeeping issue is reported that we do our very best to immediately resolve the situation. Unfortunately, without allowing maintenance to go and verify that there was an issue, the front desk staff cannot offer compensation of any sort. Again, please accept my apologies for the maintenance issue in your room on your recent stay and hope in the future you will reconsider staying with us again.

Reviewed June 5, 2019

We had a brunch on June 2, 2019 at this Clarion Inn. The service was outstanding. And the food was served buffet style. It was hot and good. When a member needed help the Clarion staff were right there. The staff were quite during our meeting which made it easy.

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank thebrocks2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel regarding your recent event in our conference center. We appreciate your willingness to share your experience and look forward to your next event with us.

Reviewed May 3, 2019

The entrance is that of a 5 star hotel and the lobby is spacious and inviting. After check in you get to see the real side of things. The room was good size and clean but the furniture was old and beat. The room and the hall smelled of smoke like a skid row bar. By the way it was non smoking. The TV would not work and maintenance could not get it working. I made it work for the night. Getting up the next morning I quickly realized the hot water faucet was broke and I had to take my first COLD shower in years. All that for a hundred bucks. Also if you go to the back of the building you will notice it is in real need of repair. Like the cornice falling off the edge of the roof and doors that don't always work. I can't advise you for a place in Modesto as I have yet to find a nice one.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Josh E, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

Reviewed May 1, 2019

I stayed here for one night while driving to Southern California and was quite happy with what I got for the money. The hotel is a little older but well maintained. My room was quite large, comfortable, and clean. Although I didn't use it, the indoor pool in the central atrium area looked very nice. I also felt quite secure as all the entrances to the hallways were key card access only. As one of the less expensive options in Modesto, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room tip: Second floor rooms are only accessible via locked interior hallway, providing a greater sense of security.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Victorjw

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are always happy to hear from our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us. Next time you are passing through, please stay with us again. Our indoor pool is open all year round.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

This is a great hotel to come to I travel a lot very nice costumer service. The food is good.you must stay at this hotel. The indoor pool is nice. When I come on business trip this is a place to stay at.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Jocelyn V, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - it is always a pleasure to hear from guests who enjoyed their stay with us. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed our amenities such as the indoor pool & spa as well as the Pub & Grill which is open for lunch and dinner. We hope the next time you are in town for business you will come to stay with us again.