My review comes from a "first time in USA Englishman" view point so forgive me if some details seem old to the more experienced among us.
The Red Lion appears to cater better for conference / tour guests etc. than for families. Shame, really, as our family was staying.
By all acounts its recent renovation has breathed new life into the hotel. However the obviously installed A/C can be noisy even when switched off due to connecting ducts which are covered by unfinished bare wood. This clearly needs addressing. As do the run-down BBQ, play area, basketball and tennis courts. These could be really nice (and used more) if redesigned.
One aspect that is really pretty is the indoor atrium. However, the space here could be put to better, more comfortable and therefore more regular use too. It's 'heated' indoor pool was very cold, and the hot tub was very hot. Also some of the wood near the hot tub has obviously seen better days.
The fitness equipment (those that work) are very useful, but again do not seem to be used as much as perhaps they could.
Now for the really disapointing parts:
1. On our first morning, having booked in at 1a.m. we planned to
use the restaurant as indicated in their literature from our
room (breakfast / brunch 6:30 - 1 p.m.), only to be told it
stopped serving at 11a.m. This proved very inconvenient. We
also witnessed other guests being served after 11a.m. on
3. On a Saturday morning, a large tour group were served
breakfast in the atrium at 6:30 a.m. This area is right in the
middle of the hotel, and their noise disturbed us a great deal.
When I complained about this (this takea a lot for me, I usually
can put up with a lot) I received no apology for my
inconvenience, despite my offering the suggestion that other
large rooms used for conferences etc. would have been a
better choice, as they are sited away from the rooms. I received
no feedback regarding the complaint / suggestion process,
and no reply either. Neither was I impressed at being allowed
to voice disatissfaction in front of other guests, as oposed to a
private and productive discussion being used.
2. The hotel tried to charge us for damaged property (small
items), which they argued and argued about, but could not
justify, so took off the bill.
Could od better, much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clarion Hotel Modesto has recently renovated all guest rooms and public areas with new bedding, furniture, flat pannel televisions, lighting, carpeting and much more. This hotel has undergone a complete over haul as well as a chain affiliation change from Red Lion to Clarion Hotel and Conference Centers. We are the only Central Valley Hotel with both an Indoor and Outdoor Pool and pride ourselves in the positive changes that have been made. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Inn Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Modesto