“trip back in time.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
San Jose, California
“trip back in time.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

this is one of the strangest motels I have ever stayed at. It would seem the motel was built in the 60's and never really remodeled. The entrance to our room was off the in door pool area. At the back of the room was the original entrance with the original peep hole. This old entrance was sealed off from the outside. The door to the new entrance has a set of metal louvers over the top. Great for ventilation per AC but now offers NO sound insulation. For get about sleeping before the pool closes (10:00PM). Also forget about sleeping through the group of 60 or so people from a bus trip eating breakfast about 20' away from the room door. Very low water pressure in the shower. The towel rack is pulling away from the wall and best of all....the CFL bulbs that stick out about 6" beyond the light fixture in the bathroom. On the flip side the bed was clean (the carpet was not) and once the noise died down I slept well. If you want a trip back to the 60's with dark wood, cinder block walls and 7' ceilings go for it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_Hotel1, Manager at Clarion Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your concerns regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Please contact me directly if you come again or to further discuss said issues.

Shanelle Remesal
Operations Manager
Clarion Hotel
(209) 521-1612

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My best friend had her wedding there and we had about 10 rooms, we checked in and dropped our stuff off in the room and went straight to her room. As we were getting ready for the wedding we noticed her wet bed from the ac leak they obviously new about the problem and didn't address it. After the reception my husband and i went to our room about 3am after not being in there all night our bed was completely soaked at the top we let front desk know and they tried to blame it on us. I asked them about the moldy walls and floors it was obvious it was an ongoing problem. Horrible customer service, horrible rooms, don't ever stay there!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Modesto hotels

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'm not sure where these other reviewers stayed. Where is Henry b/c manager Channell and GM Owner Mike Karimi do not even know what a customer is.

Affordable YES

Clean - NO, I wore my flip flops in the room, removed the comforter upon entry didnt want to touch it, and placed a towell on the sofa when I did sit on it, the room had an odd old smell to it and the fabric softener sheet in the AC unit did not cover up the smell as owner MIKE KARIMI hopes it does (I did confirm this cleaning technique was a SOP for their housekeeping department with the owner), the bed was fine and I crossed my fingers there were no bugs.

Pools - Yes
Game Room - if you consider one to two video games and some vending machines and a lonely pool table a game room - Yes

I didnt eat there maybe it would have improved my stay. probably not.

I dont usually complain hence why I even ended up staying there but now that they claim I have smoked in the room and want to charge me a $200 fine!!!!!!!!!! They should have paid me to stay there.

This place needs to be closed.

Room Tip: Stay Anywhere Else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hotel_Hotel1, Manager at Clarion Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied during your stay. We take all comments seriously and appreciate you giving us feedback. I can assure you all of your concerns have been brought to the attention of the department needed and corrective measures have been taken. Please acccept my sincere apology and feel free to contact me for any further questions or concerns.

Toni Lopez
Guest Relations Manager
(209) 521-1612
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Clarion is my favorite place in the area and I always stay here when I'm in Modesto.
I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a clean, relaxing, and affordable place.
Their staff is very friendly, and the general manager, Henry, always makes sure that the guests get the best service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I really enjoyed my weekend stay at Clarion hotel. I got checked in to my room fast, didn't have to wait, the staff were really nice, friendly, and were willing to help!! The room I got was super nice and clean, with a door that opened to their indoor pool!!!! LOVED it!!! A great place to stay for a get away or business trip. Definitely staying there again next time!!

• Stayed July 2013
Stockton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is the only place I will stay in Modesto! I brought my kids here to have a mini vacation and it was perfect! Large indoor and outdoor swimming pool, game room, pool table, and an onsite Pub & Grill. Shooters Pub & Grill worked out wonderful for me and my husband because we were able to have fun after the kids had fun :) Shanel (one of the staff members) went over and beyond to make sure our stay was perfect! The clarion has nice spacious rooms and you can tell they recently did an upgrade in the rooms because they have all new beds that are the most comfortable to sleep in! I will definitly recommend this place to all my family and friends!!!

Room Tip: Indoor pool area has the best view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I i stayed there few months ago and i had the best hotel stay experience ever! Their rooms are clean and worth every penny you spend on. You do not have to drive any where because they have a full service restaurant with awesome food. Even if you do not want to eat there, there are many places within walking distance. You will be surprised how friendly their staff are. They will go out of their way to make your stay better and more comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013