“great stay”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Salem, Oregon
“great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My stay was very good to say the least. The room was very clean, with a nice bed, flat screen tv, a refrigerator, and a great desk for computer work. The Hotel is in a great location and made it easy for me to take care of business. They have an on site bar and grill which is very convenient. The breakfast is excellent with eggs,hash browns, biscuit and gravy, toast or sweet rolls, coffee,,juice,waffles,cereal and oatmealas well as fresh fruit, wow... The full breakfast makes this a great value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is an older, very tired hotel that needs total renovation. However, the beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. The bathroom tiles were all loose around the tub fixtures and we couldn't get hot water during the day. Location was excellent for us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
jamestown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Been going there with my family for the past 2 years...the staff has always been very accommodating.....especially Toni Inez...who goes out of her way to make sure that our stay is satisfactory. Great location as far as accessibility to stores and activities, although with everything on the premises..restaurant...bar...indoor pool...there isn't much of a need to go anywhere. I have had several family events there, in which we usually rent 3 or more rooms and we have yet to be disappointed in any of our stays.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the ground floor that have the atrium view as well the courtyard
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lake Charles, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I wish I'd read the reviews before we stopped there. No hot water & that was after it ran for 10 min in the shower. While taking the invigorating shower, noticed what appeared to be paint spatters all along all walls of the shower...nope, soap scum! Soap scum that had been there so long that it almost matched the paint (off white/yellow). I refused to clean the toilet--I don't pay for a room and then expect to have to clean it. 2 beds in the room. One was fine, the other was so bad that I almost fell out of it in the middle of the night. Skip this place! Run or drive as fast as possible away from this place. The front desk's response, "So sorry you were inconvenienced" blah, blah, blah. Fairly inexpensive.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_Hotel1, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns regarding your stay here with us at The Clarion to our attention. We value your patronage and certainly want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way. I have contacted you directly and please be reassured that the issues brought to our attention have been taken care of. Once again I am sorry for your experience here and would greatly like if we can have an opportunity to change your mind and opinion.
Toni Inez
Front Office Supervisor
(209)521-1612
tinez@clarionmodesto.com

Travelers are raving about these Modesto hotels

Fresno, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Bad... Very bad. Reminds me of a motel that should not be allowed to stay operated!
WARNING if you think best westerns are bad I can only say this is a step towards motel 6,
The smell is what gets you at first, like old molded mildew. Then strip the bed and you will find stain sheets. The bed its self is probably the same age as the hotel. Very worn and uncomfortable. The pillows are in bad shape. The carpet does not look very clean , I had the maid replace my sheets but it still felt dirty. I had to take a shower in standing water, very gross!
Dirt on cieling and dust in every corner of this room and all throughout the hotel! I would not stay at a motel 6, so therefore I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: I did not use the facility's such as pool or diner , I only stayed the night in the room. I fig...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello,
I am sorry to here you did not enjoy your stay here with us at the Clarion. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. I can be contacted at (209)521-1612 or by Email at tinez@clarionmodesto.com. Please be assured I will be addressing these issues with the correct departments and we will take all measures necessary to prevent the same errors in the future. We strive to make sure that our guest are most comfortable and happy here at our facilities and it disappoints us to hear otherwise. I am concerned with some of the mentioned comments and will personally make sure to sought out the reasoning behind said issues.

Toni Inez
(209)521-1612
Haystack, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My 3 grandkids live in modesto,when I go to visit them I always stay at the clarion my grand kids absolutely love this hotel.When I call to make arrangements the staff knows me and the kids,and they always give me the best rates.Room 208 in front of pool area Grant it the place does have it's issues, but for the price and considering the place is I'd say close to 30 yrs old.I t's still the coolest,nicest place in modesto for the price.Look forward to seeing the staff soon spring break I'm thinking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Awesome staff, Jaclyn is great and so beautiful! Al keeps things fun and works hard to keep patrons happy. Lots of tv's and good music. Great place to put a few back and conduct a little business! Easy access, right off the 99!

• Stayed January 2013