“Manager Refuses to take their own coupon” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Modesto

Quality Inn Modesto
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Oakland, California
“Manager Refuses to take their own coupon”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I have been traveling between CA and Virginia for the last 3 months. I've been staying at Quality Inn due to it's great bed for my back. I've used the Coupon they offer in the Hotel Coupons book off and on. Sometimes I have paid full price. Even used them one time for my free night stay due to my many points I have with Choice Privileges company. Today when I checked out the Manager saw I had used the coupon they offer. He told me only low class people use coupons and told me that I cannot come back to their motel using a coupon ever again. I said even in a month from now. He said NEVER. Then I said so now I'm low class for using YOUR coupon and you don't want my business. He said that is correct. I am VERY ANGRY. I'm alone and never cause problems. I've spent much money at this one motel where I could have gone to many others in Modesto. The coupon DOES NOT state anywhere on it that I can only use a coupon once in my life. The Exit to this Motel for Kansas Ave. was even closed due to construction. Yet, I still found my way there. The rooms are often moldy and have many defects. Yet, in the past I've had great experiences there with the Staff and enjoy the bed. By this Manager calling me low class for using a coupon he offers and telling me I can only come there if I pay the full price on a room makes me feel very bad for every spending money there. Managers name is Surgh Chandra.

Room Tip: Don't give them your business. No matter how good the deal sounds they are not to be trusted.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Tiffanie L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Modesto, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was horrible we were moved twice and still had the same problem in the third. Was total not worth the money. not to mention the creaky floors dirty beds and cigarette burned sheets. there was a hole in the door and the wall. bathroom needed some work done. overall will never stay again.

Room Tip: there are better hotels in modesto
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Catten7

Travelers are raving about these Modesto hotels

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was the most awful hotel I have ever had the displeasure of staying. The linens on the bed had multiple cigarette burn holes in it as did the side chairs in the room. The desk chair cushions were literally ripped to shreds. Burn holes and stains on the carpet in the rooms and in the hallway. I would be extremely embarrased to even attempt to rent a room like this to anyone in the condition it was in. We completed the survey and left at the fron desk shortly after we arrived, but no one contacted us about the issues we mentioned. Understanding the rate was only $60, so our expectations were not high. However, I wouldn't stay there agin if THEY PAID ME!

Room Tip: Do not stay here for any reason
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ron B
Tracy, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed from 8/3/12 to 8/5/12 via an Orbitz reservation, when I checked in I waited another hour before my room was ready. I noted flaws in my room, from the screen missing to stained chairs and burns on the lamp and bed spread. I don't smoke, but I requested a smoking room-there was a no smoking symbol on the door. I noted the outlet under the desk did not hold the plug (which sparked when touched). I let the hotel know about the dirty walls in the bathroom (bad paint job too) and the hole in the shower wall (forgot to mention the poor water preasure). I also thought it was strange that the coffee pot was in the bathroom. When I presented this all upon check out, I was told I could have changed rooms. Customers are in the hotel for vacation changing rooms is not something that should have to be done! I signed off on a charge of 157.95 and my card was charged 179.69. Personally I think I should have been discounted for the flaws, the extra charge has not been explained. The lady I talked to was kind, I may have to talk to someone else and if it is who I believe it to be he is was unprofessional. The environment should be stress free. On a positive note, I did like the comfort of the bed, sheets and pillows. I also think the cleaning staff was nice, but overworked, as I only saw 4 ladys for all the cleaning that needed to be done.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JC812
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

We paid $65 for one night using debit card. Next day card was charged $80, $40, and $30. Manager was unprofessional. Offered no valid reason for unauthorized charges and required us to pay cash in order to reimburse the charges back to our card. Rediculous.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank nelspm
Quality_Inn_Modesto, General Manager at Quality Inn Modesto, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear nelspm,

First of all I'd like to apologize that you were unhappy with your stay. I spent 15 minutes with you trying to explain to you what you were seeing on your account. However when profanity is used, the communication has broken down and that is why I refused to explain things further. As you may recall on the day we spoke, I explained to you the charge for $80 and $30 are authorization holds on your card. In the hotel industry when you rent a room with a credit card, the hotel usually puts a pending charge on your card for the amount of the room plus a percentage extra for any incidentals. The charge for $40 was for taking towels from the room, which was promptly refunded back to you once you once the towels were returned. We did not charge anything to refund that amount. Nevertheless, we wish you best of luck in your future travels.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Walked in with a coupon and got a great deal. The woman at the front desk was wonderful. She even brought towels out to the pool for us!

The room had more than I expected for the price. Not only was it huge, but there was a fridge and microwave and dish tv. The room was clean.

Breakfast the next morning was great considering the price of the room. Bagels, muffins, cereal, juice, and more.

The hotel advertises a walk in special rate of $44 (same as the coupon). Unfortunately the manager does not stand by it.

We decided to stay a second night. Unfortunately there was a different employee at the desk (manager?). He first agreed to a second night at the same rate, then decided we needed to have another coupon. When we returned with a coupon, he decided we couldn't use a coupon two nights in a row. I was very upset after all this running around, and the fact that he lied to us. Because of this I will NEVER RETURN.

It's a shame because the room was a great value. Just don't leave your room at night (not the greatest location) and only check in if the nice woman (wish I got her name) is working the front desk.

• Stayed July 2012
Roy, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

even though the staff was friendly. The pool was okay. The hotel turns off half the power in the rooms at night.

Room Tip: The staff was helpful and quite friendly. The price was good. They turn the circuit breakers off in...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple