“Good, with minimal TV”

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Aliso Viejo, California
“Good, with minimal TV”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Very friendly personnel both at check in and check out and I really liked the free Wall Street Journal you get at all Quality Inns. Hotel is clean and the continental breakfast is on par with what you would get at at any Comfort/HI Express/Days Inn. You also get a microwave in the room and a refridgerator. The hotel is quiet. Two minor complaints: the television does not have a lot of channels including the number one cable news network: Fox News. It is an old set and some of the stations do not come in clearly. I would expect to be able to get Fox News, CNBC, and some others. The location is not the best but it is right off Route 99.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Quality_Inn_Modesto, General Manager at Quality Inn Modesto, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear JLDCA,

We would like to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to post a review of our facility. You are correct about the cable being fuzzy and that is why we upgraded our system to Dish Network. Now we have a crystal clear picture and a huge variety of channels in every room. We are pleased our staff could offer you the service our guests deserve and that you took advantage of our various amenitites. We take pride in our location directly off the freeway while still maintaining a quiet nights sleep for our guests. We hope that your furture travels bring you to the area again. Happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Modesto, California
Reviewed November 26, 2011

So I stayed here because it was convienently located to all the destinations we were going to over our trip. Also it was good pricing. I finally show up late because we happened to get lost and the lady at the front desk at the time was very nice and helpful. When it cam down to some family members having problems and having to go to the hospital and we took my sister in for an evening the GM of the hotel very rudely called and created problems. He charged me double for my stay added rediculos charges for no reason called me a liar and also falsley charged my card. They also locked me out of my room and told me that i could pack my stuff and leave if i had any problems. they also tried teling me that they would not give me keys unless i signed a paper. after this non-sense I will never stay here I recomened everyone to stay away from this hotel. It is also very dirty carpets and needs some new everything. I have worked for the hotel industry for 3 years now and this was the worst experiance ever. VERY UNACCOMIDATING!!!!!

Room Tip: DON'T book your reservation here.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Kellie M

Travelers are raving about these Modesto hotels

Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2011

This was the second night in a hotel on a 21 day road trip. From the time we pulled up, with the clerk leaning up against the wall outside, having a smoke...it was terrible!! In the middle of checking us in, she took a call...and someone (I am presuming her boss/manager) was giving her a bad time for switching people out of one room and into another...apparently because the plug in the bathtub did not work)...we waited and waited. Our room was filthy, the hallways looked like they had not been cleaned or vacummed for YEARS!!!!!!! Someone should show the maids, that little end on the vaccuum cleaner that it for corners and edges....wait, first introduce them to the vaccuum cleaner! It was horrible..there were red stains on ceiling and walls, not been cleaned..... YUCK...no idea what it was, but it was in plain view and need serious cleaning. We set our alarms a coulple of hours early, to get the heck out as quickly as possible. We were pleased when we woke up and the car was still there, with all the wheels...but had an awefull night sleep worrying about it! The manager needs to train the cleaning staff on how to clean...and they need to do it immediately!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jeno66
Virginia
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Older, dated motel, but clean, rooms have been re-done, bathrooms need a little work and brekkie could do a little better. BUT - price was great, room was really very nice, comfy bed, right off the highway. Both the night and morning desk clerk were very friendly - what is it about Quality Inn and their staff? They really seem to like their job and are very nice. Best price place we've had in our Virginia to California trip. Go figure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This place was nice and clean and up to date. I was pleased with the room and the service we recieved. I slept well. I recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Nice, clean, new motel with fair rates. We were satisfied there, I can recomend.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
morgan hill
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I want to say what a wonderful place to stay....... Not that it is new, or in the center of New York City, but the staff makes you think it is both......
They are the most helpful possible.....When your key does not work, they do not ask you why, they just fix the problem.....The breakfast is open on time everyday, and is fresh.....
And the honesty of these people make you glad to know them.....I lost my credit card while I was staying there, and of course was panic stricken about it......But someone in the staff found it and returned it to me, much to my surprise these days........So I can not say how wonderful it is to see that there are people who can teach me that good people are still around and in full bloom.......When in the area, I will stay no other place......AGAIN, Great place to stay.......You will be glad you did.........

Thanks