“Only Place to stay”

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
morgan hill
“Only Place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

I want to say what a wonderful place to stay....... Not that it is new, or in the center of New York City, but the staff makes you think it is both......
They are the most helpful possible.....When your key does not work, they do not ask you why, they just fix the problem.....The breakfast is open on time everyday, and is fresh.....
And the honesty of these people make you glad to know them.....I lost my credit card while I was staying there, and of course was panic stricken about it......But someone in the staff found it and returned it to me, much to my surprise these days........So I can not say how wonderful it is to see that there are people who can teach me that good people are still around and in full bloom.......When in the area, I will stay no other place......AGAIN, Great place to stay.......You will be glad you did.........

Thanks
Paul

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

I stay there every week one night for work. I had a special occasion where I rented the jacuzzi room. I was very impressed with how clean and well maintained the room was. I am always happy to stay there. It's the only place I stay in Modesto!

• Stayed June 2011
Comfort_Inn_Modesto, Manager at Quality Inn Modesto, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Dear sfgiant,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We really appreciate the positive feedback. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and believe that above all else, people want a clean and comfortable room. We love having you and thank you for your patronage.
Modesto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

I frequently stay at this hotel due to the great value and the friendly staff; they make me feel welcome and know me by name. The rooms have plenty of space, and the free internet access and free breakfast are also a plus. I would recommend this place to all my friends because the service is excellent and the prices are affordable. I'm looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Comfort_Inn_Modesto, Manager at Quality Inn Modesto, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Dear Ashleyd,

We greatly appreciate your time in writing such a complimentry review. We strive to provide our guest spacious rooms and a variety of amenities, while still being reasonably priced. Thank you for choosing Quality Inn as your preferred hotel in the Modesto area. We hope to see you again very soon.
Torrey, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

We arrived at the hotel after dark and had we not made reservations I would not have stayed there. The hotel is well back form the road stuffed in between the freeway and a large industrial building, it looked deserted and unsafe from the road because the first view you get is actually the side, and the office is not visible. I really didn't feel that comfortable leaving my truck in the parking lot though I did notice the night manager looking out the window as we returned form dinner which I liked. I would not have left my motorcycle out there. In the light the next morning it wasn't quite so bad. The location is not interesting for any reason I could tell, it's a couple of miles to downtown Modesto and there are no traveler facilities at the freeway exit.
The hotel itself is a cookie-cutter Quality Inn and rather shabby on the inside, old carpets and ugly paint job in the corridors. There was nothing actually wrong with the room but nothing to note either. The wifi internet worked well.
Just another motel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Comfort_Inn_Modesto, General Manager at Quality Inn Modesto, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Dear Killer_Bob,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. I'm very sorry that you felt uncomfortable leaving your truck parked in our parking lot. As you noticed, we are very vigilant of things going on around the property. We have cameras everywhere including the parking lot, which we monitor closely. I assure you the safety of our guests and their property is a big priority for us. Nonetheless, we're currently considering some options which will help make the parking lot feel more welcoming. We're in the process of adding more high intensity lighting throughout the parking lot which should be completed by end of January.

In addition to the parking lot, we've also decided to renovate the lobby and the hallways. We welcome you to come back and see the changes we have made.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stopped here on our way through to Yosemite. It was a great little place. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was pretty clean. It could use a new paint job, but everything is modern and up to date. Room was comfortable and spacious. Nothing spectacular, but it was a great place to sleep for the night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Liltippers82,

We would like to express our gratitude for taking the time to review our establishment. We are pleased to hear your stay with us was comfortable. We pride ourselves on our pleasant staff and on serving tourists such as yourself seeking to enjoy the beauties of Yosemite National Park and the various other scenic locations Northern California has to offer.

You'll be pleased to hear we have recently renovated our lobby and are in the process of remodeling our hallways and guest corridors. We hope that should you visit the area again, you'll come and see our new and imporved facility. We invite you to come back anytime you happen to be traveling through the area.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2010

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was continental and there was plenty to eat.
The rooms were lovely, very clean, with large fridge &TV. We had a room that overlooked the freeway but there seemed to be very little noise from there.

Downtown Modesto isn't far away but we didn't visit there. The hotel is located in what appears to be a very industrial area and there didn't seem to be much within walking distance. It was for this reason only that we decided to stay just one night and to move to a more scenic area that had more things within walking distance.
$76 for Sunday night (Aug)

I would recommend only if you are wanting to visit Modesto, or need somewhere as a stopover on the way to somewhere else - only due to the location though. Looking on Google maps/ google earth it is deceptive of whats around.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Comfort_Inn_Modesto, Manager at Quality Inn Modesto, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Dear Bighan,

We would like to express our sincere appreciation for your positive review of our facility. It is great to hear that your stay with us was comfortable, as the comfort of our guests is of the utmost importance to us here at the Quality Inn. We are pleased to read you enjoyed our complimentary continental breakfast and our spacious guest rooms with their extra amenities. You are correct that we are located close to downtown Modesto. We regret you did not have a chance to explore the area as there are many delicious places to eat as well as a movie theater to the Gallo Arts Center, which offers live shows and performances. Our close access to the freeway makes it easy to get to all the various attractions in Modesto. We are only 4 miles from the Vintage Faire Mall and a variety of restaurants and shops. We thank you for your patronage and should you travel to the area in the future, we invite you stay with us again and enjoy the many attractions close to our location.
La Palma, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

Spent 1 night here while finishing up a vacation to San Francisco.
Location within Modesto is excellent, right off the freeway, but without much freeway noise.
they have a decent continental breakfast, everything that you need to get a good start in the morning.

Room was comfortable, and good size. Bedding and towels only fair quality.
Very good value for the price, under $60 with tax, but Modesto has MANY low priced motels. Would stay here again, for 1 night.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr-Galaxy,

Thank you for your time and attention in reviewing our hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests, as it helps make our facility a great place to stay. In addition to our hot breakfast, we are glad that you found our location to be very convenient. As you have noticed, our guests are never disturbed by the freeway noise. We pride ourselves on being a central location to many great attractions in central California; including Yosemite National Park, Old Sacremento, San Francisco and Santa Cruz. When your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you will stay with us again and let us make your visit even more enjoyable than the last..