“People are nice but the hotel is not”
Review of Days Inn Modesto

Days Inn Modesto
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
GreenLeadersBronze level
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“People are nice but the hotel is not”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were traveling from Yosemite to SF and I stayed at the Days Inn because of the great reviews it received. I have to say all of the people that work there are very nice and helpful, from the front desk clerk to the maintenance man. Having said that, the room was terrible. First off it smelled like urine and really grossed us out. 2nd, the AC never cooled the room. The maintenance man looked at it and said it was working but the fans were just not pushing enough air. 3rd, the carpet was full of stains and just felt dirty. We should have requested another room but were so exhausted from our day we figured we would just get a few hours of sleep and leave, which is what we did. We were traveling for 2 weeks, from Vegas to SF, and this was the worst place we stayed.

The breakfast area was clean and served a simple breakfast.

I wish I could give this place a better rating, just for the people that work there but I can't.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gene A
ModestoDaysInn, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Modesto, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us. We are happy to hear that our staff was courteous, we do however apologize that the room was not up to standard for you. We have since shampooed several rooms and the issue has been brought the attention of our head housekeeper. If you do decide to come back to our area we would be more than happy to accommodate you and make sure that the room you have is up to standard. We apologize for any inconvenience, cleanliness is a high priorty for both our business and our staff members. Thank you again for your review, your feedback helps us to better our business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for a the weekend but we didn't check in till 6:00am on Sunday, they didn't charge us the whole rate but instead it was like an early check in fee $35 plus the regular rate for Sunday nite; great price, check out is not till noon which makes a huge difference and their continental breakfast was really good. If we come back we're definitely staying there. I had originally made my reservation throughout booking.com at quality inn in Kansas Ave I put it in hold with my credit card but since I we were driding from L.A. After work we didn't get there till 6:00 and they no vacancy and had cancel my room. The front desk ladie had a terrible attitude and gave a rat about the fact that our reservation was cancelled even though I tried calling several times to let them I was on my .anyways it work out a lot better for us.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your review, we are so very happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you last minute and that you had a great stay. We hope that you will visit us again next time you are in Modesto. Thank you again for taking the time for letting us know how we're doing!
Tampere
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We came dead tired from Yosemite with the kids and the website I use had enabled me to make a reservation which was not possible in the hotel. The staff was friendly and promised to help to fit us all in and get a good night's sleep. The hotel is very clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ModestoDaysInn, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Modesto, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your response! We hope you enjoyed your time traveling through and are very happy to hear that you found our hotel to be friendly and accommodating. We pride ourselves on providing the best service possible, we hope that you will choose us again if you pass through our area in the future.