All reviews mchenry mansion farmers market sausage waffles room was clean location is ideal homeless people downtown area jack in the box night's sleep coffee maker across the street within walking distance air conditioner gallo center place to stay internet connection
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last month for business. Great location down town near everything. McHenry museum is right next door and all good restaurants are within a few blocks. Can be noisy at times but that's downtown.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2017

We had just stayed at Best Western in Oakhurst the previous 2 days and weren't sure what to expect here. This was not really the best part of town. Quite a number of homeless people in the area. However...we were pleasantly surprised by the internet connection. I was able to upload all my YouTube videos I made of the concert we attended that night (which I could not do at the Oakhurst Best Western). Secondly, it was VERY hot the day we stayed there and I was happy that the air conditioner in the lobby and in our room kept things comfortably cool. The warm breakfast, although in a quite confined space was everything I usually expect from a Best Western (eggs, sausage, bacon, yogurt, oat meal, cold cereal, bananas, apples, etc). The only thing missing I normally enjoy was no English muffins. The facility was a somewhat older Best Western but had what we needed and expected. We will stay here again the next time Modesto is on our agenda.

Room Tip: Downstairs room we noticed noise from kids in floor above us. I would opt for upstairs next time.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2017

We stay here when visiting Modesto as the location is ideal for us. They were remodeling and things were kind of messed up but workable. Friendly staff. A little disappointed with breakfast. They were out of yogurt over two days. The orange juice seemed watery. The tables were not all that clean. I noticed they wiped the top of the table quickly but not around the edges (where it really matters) and they were sticky, dirty feeling. They should pay a little more attention to that. Overall, it has been a good place to stay but I hope they don't go downhill.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2017

We stayed for 1 night in the Best Western Town Lodge in Modesto in August. Our overall rating is due to a sum of the following voices:
Service = 5 stars: the receptionst gave us all the information we needed about the city and places to eat. She was very friendly.
Position = 4 stars: the hotel is placed in downtown Modesto, so you are close to the main attractions of the city and the best restaurants. We have to add that downtown Modesto is not well frequented during the night (many homeless people hanging around), and you don't cross a single person walking in the streets from 7 pm to the morning, so it can be scary.
Breakfast = 3 stars: breakfast was ok, nothing special but the average breakfast you can find in American Motels.
Room = 2 stars: even though the room assigned was big and with a lot of space for luggages, we found it old and kind of stinky. The bathroom was loosing pieces from everywhere and the general atmosphere was gloomy.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2017

Would not recommend. Many homeless loitering around downtown and this area. For a Wednesday night it was very loud. My room smelled and the shower was a tiny corner shower with low water pressure. In the morning there a man passed out on the ground just outside my room who I had to step over to get to the stairs down to my car.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business