Best Western Town House Lodge
Economy Inn(Modesto)
$65
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsmchenry mansionfarmers marketsausageroom was cleanharvest moonhomeless peoplewaffleslocation is idealdowntown areanight's sleepjack in the boxwithin walking distanceacross the streetair conditionerplace to staygallo centerinternet connection
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We recently visited for a family wedding at the Mansion behind the hotel. It was very convienent to be within walking distance to the wedding. The beds were confortable enough although a little small if you are a family of 4. Room was a little dark and dingy and the a/c didn't cool down the room enough. The check in staff was awesome!! Very helpful! Breakfast was good with sausage, waffles, cereal, toast and muffin type stuff, yogurt...no fresh fruit and eggs were a little watery. Over all I would stay again if my group was staying there too I would just ask for a room that didn't smell like mildew.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWMODESTO, Front Office Manager at Best Western Town House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Hello Cheryl,

The Best Western Townhouse Lodge would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations! We take your feedback very seriously, and we hope that we can make it up to you next time you are in Modesto.

I have shown your comments/concerns to the entire staff, in order to motivate them to do a better job. Again, THANK YOU for staying with us, and for sending us such an honest critique!

-Carolina

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here while on business in Modesto. The room was clean, comfortable for 2 people with refrigerator and microwave. Internet access was easy with adequate speed. The staff were friendly and helpful. The motel is located in a central area of Modesto ( many county government buildings) with a variety of restaurants within walking distance. Area feels comfortable for evening walking. Breakfast is provided on-site with several options including scrambled eggs( quite good) sausage, cereal, waffles, pastry, fruits and yogurt and, of course, coffee.
Air conditioning is a bit louder than preferable, but it really didn't impact sleeping. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor but had just laptops and carry-on bags. There seems to be no elevator so larger, heavier suitcases could be problematic to get upstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
BWMODESTO, Front Office Manager at Best Western Town House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad we were able to accommodate you during your stay in Modesto, CA. We all take pride in our work and take the feedback we receive very seriously. I have shown your positive comments to the staff. Nothing is more rewarding and motivating than hearing positive things being said about our property. Again, thank you!

We hope you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The bath room is very small and poorly laid out. Mold in the grout, carpet needs to be cleaned something sticky in it that I accidentally stepped in in the middle of the night. The bathroom floor and the carpet area are not flush and I tripped on the edge of the bathroom tile several times. Cover of the smoke alarm fell on me during the night, scared me because I did not kn ow what it was until I was able to turn on a light.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your feedback!

On behalf of the entire staff, we'd like to apologize for the issues
you encountered while staying with us. I have investigated further in
to what room you stayed in, and will be performing inspections daily
to ensure that these issues are taken care of.

I hope that you decide to stay with us on your next trip to Modesto, CA. We'd love to show you our improvements.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed here many times over the past three years for business and visiting relatives. I have to say the staff is the most efficient and friendly of any places I've stayed in many states and a few countries. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed but some show a little wear. Still, the value, location and excellent staff services make it a great choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWMODESTO, Front Office Manager at Best Western Town House Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Hi Mr. Robinson!

Thank you SO much for the comments! It is always a pleasure having you stop by and we can't wait to see you again.

Thank you!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a nice place in the town of Modesto. We ended up on the second floor and it does not have an elevator so we had to carry everything upstairs. The room was clean and fresh smelling. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. The bathroom was outdated and dirty though. The staff was friendly. We got downstairs to the breakfast room a little late and not much left to eat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you SO much for your response! We take your feedback very seriously.

I have relayed all of your comments to the breakfast staff....
We are also going to revamp our bathrooms in the near future!

We hope that you decide to stay with us the next time you visit Modesto, Ca.