“Nice place to stay”
Review of Ramada Modesto

Ramada Modesto
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel during our 16 day tour of California. A busy and thriving city located on Highway99. This Hotel has a large reception and public areas with an outdoor swimming pool.
The bedrooms are large and spacious, with tea making facilities and free wi-fi. No bedroom safe. All nicely decorated with the rooms looking fresh and clean. The Restaurant breakfast was the best on the tour!. All staff very friendly. There are also several restaurants located nearby. A nice place for a stay or stop over.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wonderfree41
Ron L, Director of Sales at Ramada Modesto, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Hello,

Hope all is well. It was a Pleasure having you as our Guest at the Courtyard Modesto. I do apologize for no bedroom safe, but we do offer a SAFE at the front desk for our guest. I will mention the in room safe to our Management Staff, never know we might have it next time you come and stay with US!

Thank you for the great comments!! I read your comments to my staff this morning in our Morning Huddle; everyone enjoyed it very well and looks forward to be serving you and your group again in the future!
Once again it was a PLEASURE having u as our GUEST, if u have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at any time. Hope to see you soon!!!

Ron Lal

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I find myself needing to stay in Modesto occasionally, and I always go to the Courtyard on Sisk Rd. It's conveniently located, rooms are very nice, really friendly staff, good value for the price, and the beds are super comfortable. Modesto isn't exactly a tourist or vacation mecca (sorry Modesto, but it's true), but I would definitely recommend the Courtyard by Marriott for business travelers or others who need great accommodations while in town.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Christine B

Hello,

Hope all is well. It was a Pleasure having you as our Guest at the Courtyard Modesto. Thank you for making us your first choice in Modesto, CA. Thank you also for the Wonderful comments regarding the Staff and facility.

Ron Lal

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here enroute from Yosemity National park to San Francisco. Very clean room. Lots of near by, within easy walking to food outlets. Staff vey friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel. Based on our pleasant stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My son was in an accident and in a local hospital. We stayed here because of the location and Marriott brand. This is an older facility, but extremely clean and comfortable. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. It made a very bad situation better. They gave us vouchers for their free breakfast buffet, which was awesome! Made to order omelets and waffles... The cafe staff were extra friendly too. Just want to say thank you.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank My4doggles
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

We had a late night check in and early morning check out. The front desk clerk was very pleasant. The drunk group meandering/loitering/stumbling into our car at the check in area was questionable.

We requested a quiet room and were placed at the back of the hotel, away from the interstate. I am a very light sleeper. Any noise will leave me tossing and turning all night. Our room was pleasantly quiet.

The parking lot was shady. Definitely oozed the possibility of a break-in. We parked next to the building in a well lit area, but still took EVERYTHING out of the car.

The rooms were outdated. Older green carpet with a design on it, probably so it wouldn't show stains badly. You know, the kind that plays with your eyes in big areas, hallways, etc. There were a couple of stains on the carpet, but if overall looket clean. Furniture was outdated, but not too shabby. Bathroom not fancy, but it was clean. The tv had been upgraded to a flat screen and there was a mini fridge in the room. The bed and pillows were very comfy.

Overall, our stay was fine. I just expect a higher standard from Courtyard. Gated parking and a facelift would be nice. I would definitely stay here again though, especially for $51 on Priceline.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank LunaReview
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Nice hotel. Convenient for the area and close to several restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dpwoodfin
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This property is right of highway 99 in Modesto. Typically I can expect to pay in the $130 to $150 range at a courtyard. This stay was a lot less. Even though they charged me $12 bucks more than their 800# quoted, it was still a good rate. It was convenient to have a restaurant on site. They made a fantastic (and very inexpensive) Cobb salad for me. The room was nice and clean, definitely up to the Courtyard standard. Something I thought was interesting is that a room card is needed to enter the building at all times. Usually, the doors are unlocked during daylight hours, but here, you have to have your key to get around. I think I like that. Though there was a lot of available parking, the lots that wrapped around the hotel were tight. My reason for "Very Good" rather than "Excellent" was only because of the questionable rate difference. Otherwise everything was great. Super nice staff too.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business