“Comfortable stay that I'd trust again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Modesto

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ramada Modesto
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Yakima
“Comfortable stay that I'd trust again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

Needed a place in Modesto at the last minute and I was dropped off here. Fortunately they had a couple of rooms of available. The room was comfortable, I thought reasonably spacious actually. Nice and clean. There was an active lobby crowd when I was there from some event which made it feel fun. Fresh cookies at the check-in desk also. The grounds seemed well maintained. I'd agree with other reviewers that it feels a bit outdated compared to other Courtyard properties I've stayed at. I had no trouble with WiFi, signed right on and speed was acceptable. Location was handy for our meeting in the morning. Close to the highway which was good for our business purposes.

The front desk attendant was courteous, the key card system was ridiculous and it took a while to get it to read the key. I'm not sure if it was operator error or really the machine. I was patient and glad to have a room, but a less patient person would have been quite annoyed. He joked about it and made light of it and wanted a new machine.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, I'd suggest rooms on the backside of the hotel, or, I guess the f...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank ExpeditionMan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Clayton, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

I recently stayed at this property on a Saturday night. The hotel was filled with children and their parents who were all attending a soccer event in town. Even though there were many, many children I was conveniently given a room that was located away from all of the activity. The hotel staff was very conscience of accommodating me and ensuring my comfort. I can't say enough about the professionalism and decorum of the wonderful staff. I was given a Great big suite style room. It was clean and very comfortable!

Room Tip: Ask for the north side of the property.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Patty G
Carmichael, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

This hotel is a converted property, originally a Mallards I believe. I have stayed here several times and have never had a bad experience. The rooms are clean/comfortable, and although sometimes they over extend the amount of years between each renovation; they generally are up to par with corporate owned Marriott standards.The grounds and public areas are always in great condition and the service is just fine. The hotel is located in a retail area with lots of shopping and restaurants within waliking distance. A great option for lodging when visiting Modesto.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank perpendxular78
Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nites recently. Service was typical Marriott - meaning excellent. Wish I could say the same about the property. Winf i stayed in had no elevator so i had to carry my blags to the room. Parking near the front bordered on non-existent. Room was dated save the flat screen tv. Would stay here again if needed but generally disappointed withe the facility. Avoid rooms facing west - the road noise could be a problem.

Room Tip: Get a pool facing room on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

My husband and I spent two nights here while visiting family in the area. We were pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed a spacious and comfortable room; contrary to other reviews we did not find it dated at all (perhaps it's a recent upgrade?) The bath room was very well appointed. The breakfast room was attractive, comfortable, and sunny with a nice view of the well-landscaped courtyard. The breakfast buffet is about what you'd expect at a Courtyard by Marriott (good; not terrific). We didn't use the pool but (not enough time) but it looked appealing. Numerous restaurants nearby (some within walking distance). All in all, an excellent value. We'll stay here again next time we visit our family.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank 3SBTraveler
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I was very pleased with my overnight stay. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Located next to Highway 99 there is plenty of shopping and places to eat. The price was right and I would recommend this to a friend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary B
Pittsburg, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was a one night stay during our drive to Southern California. I was always under the impresssion that Courtyard was a safe choice but, this time I wasn't happy. First of all the ice machine near our room didn't work and when we called the front desk they didn't seem to interested in knowing. We called to ask the front desk where the business center was and we were told to come to the lobby. When we arrived we looked for the room that was used for the business center but it wasn't a room it was one computer shoved up against a wall in the middle of a public area. I didn't feel good about looking at my personal emails while people were walking around behind me. For a business hotel this was not up to par. The rooms were in need of renovation and just as a side point all the furnature was really low. I'm tall but my husband is 5'7 and it was low for him too, this includes the chairs, beds, desks, everything! All the rest of the way home while we passed other hotels I wished that we had chosen another hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple