“Great food, atmosphere, & staff”

Tresetti's World Caffe
Ranked #28 of 510 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Great food and staff. Went prior to a concert at Gallo center. Staff were aware of time constraint and performed perfectly.

1  Thank Danny S

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a really difficult review to rate because of the disparity in service versus food quality. Went to this restaurant prior to a concert at the Gallo Center, so time was somewhat of an issue. Got seated immediately and placed our drink orders. Next came 3 apologies from our server regarding how long the drinks were taking, and they arrived 30 minutes after our order was taken. That's not a misprint, 30 minutes to get a drink??? The drinks were followed 4 minutes later by our entrees. At this point, this review has to be terrible, but the food was outstanding, hence the average rating. Spoke to our server about the length of time it took to get a drink, and he said "the bar was busy". Obviously, neither he nor the bartender 'gets it" when it comes to service. Ordered a dessert to go, and it was as excellent as the meal. Food outstanding, service bizarre. May try them again, but will certainly leave long before waiting 30 minutes for a drink.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a great meal at Tresetti's with several friends. Everyone in our party was pleased with the meal. Service was outstanding. Owners could not have been any nicer in setting things up. Great parking next door in the garage which was nice.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is one place that always steps up to the plate. I have been there for quiet dinners, group parties and just a drink at the bar and have never been dissapointed. It is such a break from the chains that it makes you remember what good service and food are all about.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ok, I have to start by saying that restaurants with menus that feature flags (i.e. nationalities) next to different dishes SCARES me. I conjure up visions of snack shacks in Yosemite or other tourist destinations where the goal is to put something familiar in front of you not necessarily something good and tasty. Tresettis does just that -- flags -- but manages to actually make tasty good dishes. I don't think the owners intent is to appeal to a wide range of visitors as much as he/she/they enjoy different cusines from around the world and want to share that. That's how I read it anyway because there is love and goodness in every dish we had and I've been there twice now.

Having said that, there is a nasty tendency to want to use one or more of cream/butter/cheese in every entree. They will accommodate your wishes if you want to go less but honestly, they should consider some lighter sauces on at least some of the dishes. Salmon for instance, while sounding tasty, had a butter-based sauce.

There are also a number of spicy dishes which I like (shrimp tacos) and they are spicy, not overpowering but if you dont love heat you might want to ask them to tone it down.

For a place that sports a wine shop (which doubles as extra seating for busier nights), the wine selections seem a little off kilter to me. Can't put my finger on it but I found it difficult to find wines that I wanted to buy with dinner that didn't cost over $60. There is no wine list for what's in the store so you have to wander through it (its small) and you can find something. The wine list itself is ok, but nothing by the glass that I can recommend -- getting to be a feature of too many restaurants lately, my thinking is this is to lure you into buying a bottle which worked.

Having perused some of the menus from other nearby restaurants this one stands out -- could have ordered every dish on the menu. They all sounded good.

Also offers outdoor seating, and bar. A note about the bar. I usually like sitting at the bar counter and conversing with our neighbors. However the bar crowd here for whatever reason is definitely a BAR crowd not a RESTAURANT BAR crowd. Consider yourself warned.