“Nice/Clean family oriented restaurant”
Review of Bella Italia

Bella Italia
Ranked #2 of 510 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I went here after reading several reviews that this is a great restaurant. I am new to Modesto and like to try different places, I thought Bella Italia was nice, clean and family oriented. I did not find anything that was like "Wow" but I did very much like my entrée. I ordered a chicken dinner that I would rate above average in taste and average for presentation. The bread starter however was way below average, I'm a big bread lover but have to give a very bad rating for their bread. My husband is a very picky eater and he also ordered a chicken dish and said it tasted home-made and very good. The serves was also just okay, the waiter was prompt but not friendly. Overall for Modesto good restaurant, would differently give it another try.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is one of the best places for Italian food. We highly recommend. The fetticini alfredo is the best.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We met here for lunch. Waiter was distracted. I ordered spaghetti with pomodoro sauce and my friend ordered Primavera with penne. I also asked for a spinach salad. He said they didn't have spinach but they had spring mix. Salad was delicious with a variety of things on it. My spaghetti came as angel hair pasta. No big deal but I did order spaghetti pasta. My friend received fettuccine instead of penne. We told waiter the meals were not what we ordered so he changed fettuccine for penne. My angel hair pasta went well with the sauce so I kept it. He said he was sorry and he'd "give" us dessert for the mistake.
Then the bill came...we were charged extra for spring mix salad and pomodoro sauce. We were not told of these extra charges. And dessert was extra too!
Everything tasted good...we didn't expect to be charged extra for what the waiter suggested.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Went to this restaurant while visiting friends in Modesto. They really raved about this place. We had a calamari starter which was delicious. The restaurant provides freshly baked garlic bread on the table which was also very good. For my main I tried the lobster ravioli. The taste was good but the pasta slightly hard (for my liking). The atmosphere was quite nice for a Sunday afternoon. I would return.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We love to eat at the restaurant with the friendly service and teriffic food. We also like to get items for takeout. Consistently delicious.