“Our local gem of a restaurant!”
Review of Bella Italia

Bella Italia
Ranked #2 of 510 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The food is always tasty and a good value for the money. On my most recent visit (to their new Riverbank location), I had the special, which was angel hair pasta with lobster. I was very pleasantly surprised with the amount of lobster. I figured for the price of $23.95 there would be 4 or 5 chuncks, but there were over 20! The seafood was very fresh. The service is friendly. I LOVE both locations of this restaurant!!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Good portions, great bread! We all ordered different items (calzone, pasta, pizzas) and no one came away hungry or disappointed. The waiter was attentive and helpful. We enjoyed our meal and left stuffed (and with leftovers). A gem in Modesto!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have eaten here many times over the years. It has a nice atmosphere. The bread and special spread for the bread are delicious. My favorite are the raviolis. In the fall I like to get the pumpkin ravioli even though it is offered year round. I've only had one meal that wasn't so tasty but that was years ago. I figure everyone has an off day.
There is an additional location now in Riverbank on Patterson Road, (near Oakdale Road). It has a nice atmosphere as well.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I took my wife here for the first time. Great waiter with a fun personality and throughly enjoyed the food. We got there at 1730 on a Tuesday and had no problem finding a table but by the time we left it was waiting room only. When the owner noticed that we did not order the tiramisu, he came over and asked us why. My wife told him of her experiences with the taste before and so we had two other very good desserts. As we were eating, Tony [who is the owner] came over with a LARGE tiramisu and asked us to try it and critique the taste. We did and loved it...and he didn't charge us for it. Thus, the only problem was that we were TOO full.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

wonderful service, Food was good, Clam chowder was fresh,calamari was okay, not crunchy enough, chicken satimboca was pretty good, portions huge.