“Ate at the deli... or the fruit stand.”
Review of The Fruit Yard

The Fruit Yard
Ranked #23 of 501 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
reno
“Ate at the deli... or the fruit stand.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stopped on the way to Sonora. Had to try the ribs at the deli. Nice ribs and worth a stop. Had a bit of a problem understanding the ordering/paying process but it worked out. Could have used a fly swatter. May have to try the restaurant the next time.

• Visited October 2013

Hayward, California
“Great place”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We held a surprise b-day party for my mom and it could not have been any better. The food was excellent and the waitresses, Julie & Elaina worked very well together and made our celebration a great success. They were very sweet and professional to all of our guests. My mom and our family were very happy with how it all worked out. I thank everyone there for their hard work. This was our 2nd visit to the fruit yard and I'm happy to say we will definitely return.

• Visited June 2013
Modesto, California
“Charming”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This rambling, charming place is so friendly that you cannot figure out why you don't come more often. It is out in the country and has a great farm market next door that has a great selection of foods and gifts. Breakfast is fantastic!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Destiny G
modesto
“I expected too much.............”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visited the fruit yard yesterday for dinner. I ordered the Philly prime rib sandwich but was disappointed unfortunately. I have gone a few times to the market and gotten some pretty good sandwiches there so I figured the restaurants food would be just as good. The prime rib had no flavor. I'm glad their was onion and peppers or I would have no choice but to send it back. I wanted the fruit cup but was apprehensive that the fruit would not be at it peak. I ordered potato salad and could not eat it bland and tasteless. While the sandwich had a hefty portion of meat. That's just what it was a lot of meat. I did enjoy the salad bar. Whew.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank squeakyclean123
San Jose
“Great Food But Don't Go Into the Bar”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Talk about one rotten apple spoiling the entire barrel. My husband and I recently moved out to the Modesto area. I was looking for a restaurant / bar where we could have dinner and then have cocktails (that had class). The food is delicious; love the salad bar. We've been there approximately 20 to 30 times in the last 6 months or so. I made the mistake of inviting another few couples to have dinner and drinks with us. We witnessed the most appalling thing. After dinner we went into the bar area to have after dinner cocktails. The same guy that I cannot believe they have still not banned made a big demonstration. (I have seen him drunk, obnoxious, and belligerent on a few other occasions but this was the topper.) He spit on this woman's food and in her drink (it was disgusting, he let it drool out of his mouth) and he destroyed her cell phone. The woman remained calm and quiet but was visibly scared and shaken. The bartenders response was for them to take it outside. The woman was saying I haven't seen him in six months, he's drunk. She stepped outside. I sent my husband outside. Who sends a woman out to the wolves to a man that is drunk and belligerent? Apparently he threatened her and called her a bunch of names and then eventually left. I cannot see allowing domestic violence no matter how much of a regular customer someone is. If someone cannot handle their alcohol, they shouldn't be allowed to come back over and over and ruin it for everyone else. That was highly embarrassing to my husband and myself, especially after inviting our friends out there. We definitely need to find another spot.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank BayAreaSharon

Been to The Fruit Yard? Share your experiences!