I was actually going to give this place 2 stars, but I switched to the Courtyard Marriott, and I realized that, comparatively, this place is better. I switched hotels in the middle of my business trip because of a couple of issues I was having. Nothing that was such a huge deal, explained below.
Actually, most of the staff there were very pleasant and helpful, but I went down to the business center (i.e., small room with 1 computer and printer) to print out some documents I needed for the next day when I found out that they do not have adobe acrobat so I could not open any of my pdf files to print. Helpful trick I discovered: if you email your documents to your gmail account and open it in html, you can print out the document as a "picture" (so you don't need adobe acrobat), you'll just have the web address also print at the bottom of your documents.
The big printer they have says it also has fax and scan abilities. Later that day, when I went downstairs to scan a document, I found out, the scan function does not work (I was informed it was not programed in yet at the front desk when I went to inquire). I then tried to fax something - you guessed it, that does not work either. I went to the front desk again and they said they would fax it for me, which was fine, but still....
The printer works well for printing, but that small room does get very hot if you print a lot. Printer also does a good job of copying. Had to ask to borrow stapler from front desk (though I understand why they wouldn't keep one in the business center since it could get stolen a lot).
Need your room key to get into business center. I like this touch - I think only twice was there someone there when I needed to use it....and that's out of about 10 times I was in there. You can access it 24 hours.
The noise from the freeway was a bit bothersome and a couple of times huge trucks (they sounded more like trains) went through in the middle of the night. I was in room 328. I hate switching rooms so I didn't ask to switch.
Free bottle of water and snack at check-in. No restaurant or room service. Small snack shop next to front desk that had drinks and chips, etc.
Microwave, fridge, safe, and nice TV in room. To open the drawer that has the microwave and fridge, pull it towards you (don't try to slide it open like I did). For a while, I just thought it was a locked drawer. ;^)
Free wireless. Free breakfast that is pretty okay - sausage patties and packaged yogurt good. Fruit they have at breakfast is bananas.
Not including tax, $103 for Sunday night, $109/night for Monday and Tuesday nights.
In sum, nothing to write home about, just a couple of setbacks for business travelers, but basically fine place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Exceptional New Hotel in Modesto, CA Nestled in the heart of central California, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Modesto-Salida welcomes you to our outstanding hotel in Modesto, CA. Here, amid the lush San Joaquin Valley, you will discover a warm and hospitable atmosphere. When you are looking for a terrific vacation hotel in Modesto, you will find that our hotel offers you an ideal location to serve as your home away from home. Big League Dreams, the Gallo Center for the Arts and Boomers! are all near by. Corporate guests will appreciate this location when they schedule meetings with nearby companies like Kaiser Permamente, E & J Gallo, Del Monte and the Almond Board of California. If you're flying, our Modesto hotel is close to the Modesto Airport (MOD), only ten miles away from our hotel. No matter what reason brings you to Modesto, this entirely smoke-free hotel will provide you a memorable stay. The beautiful rooms and contemporary style create a personal haven. You can start each day with the complimentary hot breakfast bar featuring our signature cinnamon rolls and other hot items. Other hotel amenities include free high-speed, wireless Internet access & a big outdoor pool with a spa for relaxing. So the next time you're in Modesto, Stay Smart with Holiday Inn Express Hotel of Modesto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida Hotel Modesto
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Modesto-Salida
- Holiday Inn Express Modesto
- Holiday Inn Modesto
- Modesto Holiday Inn