Stayed here while visiting Yosemite National Park, and attending some business in San Francisco, so, Modesto was right in the middle. I drove from Portland, Oregon the night before, and I had a really bad experience at the motel 6 in weed (see my reviews, under "GROSS - ANOTHER ONE"). I was suppossed to stay there overnight, instead of driving through the night as I usually do. With the years, thats getting harder and harder to do...hehehe. Left weed early the next morning, and arrived in the Modesto area around 1PM, and was very tired from driving and poor sleeping at motel 6 the night before. I contacted the hotel to see if the would allow an early check in, and they said it would be no problem, as they had already prepared our room, and even placed a crib in there for our daughter (from the online reservation form). The person I spoke to was very nice. Her name is Sarah. Upon arrival I was surprised at how nice the hotel is. It is a newer constrcution, and very nicely decorated (Modern Decor). The reception person (and everyone else we dealt with directly, which was about 6 different employees) had a $30 per hour job attitude. I mean, these people really appreciated their jobs, and it showed. From the reception person, to the people that staffed the breakfast room in the morning. Our room was absolutely incredible. It felt like a $200 a night room. Very spacious, and beautifully appointed, with every convenience you can expect (LCD TV, Safe, Fridge, Microwave, Nice Furniture). Everything was spot-less. The bed was very comfortable. The bathrrom, was WAY above average. It was about the same level as some really expensive private properties I have rented before. Our room overlooked the pool, and yes there is a SMALL amount of freeway noise, but the sound insulation is very good (as good as it gets), and, hey! you wanted your hotel convenientely close to the freeway....didnt you?? lol - a small price to pay for this feature. I honestly, forgot this noise after about 2 minutes. The fitness room is top notch, with better equipment than 24hr fitness, the pool is very nice, but not huge. The breakfast is very good. Real hot breakfast food, bagels, muffins, coffee/tea, 4 diff kinds of fruit juice, cereal, yogurt, etc. All foods are very good quality (for example, yogurt is yoplait instead of kirkland, lol).
My overall experience was way above average. Definitely recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Exceptional New Hotel in Modesto, CA Nestled in the heart of central California, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Modesto-Salida welcomes you to our outstanding hotel in Modesto, CA. Here, amid the lush San Joaquin Valley, you will discover a warm and hospitable atmosphere. When you are looking for a terrific vacation hotel in Modesto, you will find that our hotel offers you an ideal location to serve as your home away from home. Big League Dreams, the Gallo Center for the Arts and Boomers! are all near by. Corporate guests will appreciate this location when they schedule meetings with nearby companies like Kaiser Permamente, E & J Gallo, Del Monte and the Almond Board of California. If you're flying, our Modesto hotel is close to the Modesto Airport (MOD), only ten miles away from our hotel. No matter what reason brings you to Modesto, this entirely smoke-free hotel will provide you a memorable stay. The beautiful rooms and contemporary style create a personal haven. You can start each day with the complimentary hot breakfast bar featuring our signature cinnamon rolls and other hot items. Other hotel amenities include free high-speed, wireless Internet access & a big outdoor pool with a spa for relaxing. So the next time you're in Modesto, Stay Smart with Holiday Inn Express Hotel of Modesto. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida Hotel Modesto
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Modesto-Salida
- Holiday Inn Express Modesto
- Holiday Inn Modesto
- Modesto Holiday Inn