“Excellent accomodations and a great price”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Bay Area
“Excellent accomodations and a great price”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while traveling with a group. We got a suite anticipating lots of visiting between rooms. The rooms were very clean and fairly spacious, the furnishings were contemporary and beautiful. Did I mention it was clean? The entire hotel was spotless and smelled fresh. The morning breakfast more than met our expectations with plenty of protein to last the day and lots of options for picky eaters. Whenever we head out this way again, I will make a point of staying here and will recommend this hotel to all my friends.

Room Tip: The suites have a hide-a-bed couch and are great if you have extra folks in your group. Be sure to a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Elle R
HIESModesto, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Elle R

Our team is certainly glad to hear that our accommodations worked well for the needs of you with your group. Our facility would be glad to welcome you back when travel brings you to the Modesto area again. We appreciate your feedback & certainly aim to improve those areas of opportunity to continue strengthening our team & facility!

Best Regards!

Brian J. Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Being a IHG Rewards member, I have experience with this property brand. This was my first time staying hotel at this particular. I chose it for convenience to Hwy-99 and friends in Mo-Town. Nearby is a La Quinta and Hampton. Across the Highway is a Fairfield Inn. The check-in service was quick, friendly, and what I expected. The property was clean and, because my room faced the back and the irrigation canal, relatively noise free.

I rated this property average because of one significant, and one minor factor: First, in my room - 235 - there appeared to have been some sort of sub-floor water leak (as in perhaps a toilet seal, tub drain, or ?? How do I know, upon check in, and again the next day after not using the shower or toilet, there was water seepage up through the grout. I took photos and emailed them to the GM's email that was on the website. I also let the front desk know when I checked out. The minor issue noted was the loose (in its mounts?) riser pipe for the sink faucet. It had maybe 3/4 inch give when rocked back and forth. The front desk clerk said that it was the first time she heard this type of complaint so, either it is a new issue, or no one has ever complained about it (even housekeeping) since it could be interpolated that the water was from shower use.

Aside from these, the room was clean, nicely appointed, and comfortable. I like HIEs, and will continue to stay at them. I recommend this place if you are in the area and want a clean place to stay.

Tips: They are right across from "Boomers" amusement park, and very near Costco and Blue Diamond.

Room Tip: Back (facing canal) is the quiet side (away from Boomers, away from highway).
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
HIESModesto, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Sledman

We are certainly glad to have had you with us & your shared feedback is truly appreciated. We have found the cause of your water finding and repaired the noted items upon your departure. Thank you for your photo submission, this aided in a much quicker evaluation & repair. We hope when travel brings you back to our area we have the pleasure of your stay with us again!

Best Regards!
California
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I want to say right up front that the staff here is amazing! They even have a wine hour (for a minute I thought I was at a Kimpton). The rooms are large, clean and modern. That’s why it’s such a shame that the noise at this property is so bad. Staying here is a cross between NASCAR and Petticoat Junction. If the noise from Highway 99 doesn’t keep you awake, then the blasting train horns will.

Upgraded windows would do this property a world of good. Also worth noting, this has to be the first Holiday Inn Express that I have stayed at that has window shutters. If you’re light sensitive, better bring your sleep mask. It was worth trying this property out, but I won’t be back. I’ll stay in Downtown Modesto, far from Highway 99.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the side of the hotel facing Highway 99!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cabogolf19
HIESModesto, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
cagolf19,

Our team always appreciate the feedback on our items of success as well as those of opportunity! We certainly are glad to hear of the areas providing you the satisfaction we strive for. Our team works well to ensure all areas given to us for improvement are addressed for strengthening the overall satisfaction of each guest. When returning to our area, let our team know of your requests and they will certainly work to provide you with the environment bringing greatest comfort.

To assist with possible future visits to our area we like to share all information to be helpful with seeking even better visits in your travel. The items mentioned resulting in noise discomfort for you are certainly ones that will vary by guest and will exist in every hotel. In the Central Valley, based on train & highway, accommodations to the West of Highway 99 & Downtown are those in the closest proximity with all others to the East side of Highway 99.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

And to a degree they are right. I travel every week for work. We were on vacation for this trip. I am thrilled to say this was an awesome property. We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and on site amenities. Our room was clean and tidy; even had a micro fridge. The staff was very considerate and courteous. If I passed through Modesto again for work....I would not hesitate to stay here. My only "complaint" was that the hotel mattress sat a little too high off the ground but it did sleep very comfortably.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ronnie M,

We certainly appreciate the sharing as a very frequent traveler! It is great to hear our team has been able to provide an environment and services meeting expectations, while in your family travel. We all hope future travel, family or business, may bring you back to our area to enjoy our hotel once again!

Chetek, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is the best hotel i have stayed at. I have stayed at many Holiday Inn's and Hampton's. I travel 99% of the time. This hotel is exceptional. The staff really makes the hotel. They are friendly accomodating treat you like you are special. Also they truly recognize prriority club. I never get upgraded at other Holiday Inn's and I am plantinum and this hotel i am always upgraded. I truly appreciate the hospitatlity. I look forward to coming to that area so i can stay there.
Thank you keep up the good work.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HIESModesto, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
mary b,

We truly appreciate the label you have given to our hotel. Our team certainly looks forward to your next visit so we may continue to provide you with an enjoyable stay. It is indeed our goal to ensure our valued IHG Rewards Club members are treated well with the expecations that come with continued travel.

West Covina, CA
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We spent three nights in this beautiful hotel. We stayed here mostly because of reviews on TripAdvisor. The hotel itself is beautiful, the room was large, the bed was comfortable. The breakfast selection was wonderful and the housekeeping staff amazing. Two of our mornings, the room had been made up by the time we returned from breakfast! Definitely the place to stay in Modesto.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CaliforniasKate,

It is so great to hear that we continue to provide wonderful stays for our guests and give you the comfort to label us "definitely the place to stay in Modesto". We certainly hope to have you with us again when in our area.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Front desk personal were awesome. Great service and specially Mr. Juan Maldonado always help me and gave me all the information I needed. I was here for four months and appreciate all the kindness.. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2013
Sophiealvarez,

Our team members certainly appreciate your shared impressions while with us for your extended period of stays. We are glad to know you were indeed taken care of and provided comfort while with us. Thank you!

Brian J. Lee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Modesto
DoubleTree by Hilton Modesto
Best Western Palm Court Inn
Ramada Modesto
Ramada Modesto
#4 of 20 in Modesto
SpringHill Suites Modesto
Baymont Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
Hampton Inn & Suites Modesto-Salida

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto-Salida? Share your experiences!