“Very nice hotel & staff”

SpringHill Suites Modesto
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We stayed here in September 2009 for a baseball tournament in Ripon. The hotel was laid out well, the decor is a little unusual which was refreshing. The room was a good size & very clean. Pool was ok, breakfast was standard fare, staff worked hard at keeping it stocked. Everone we dealt with was very helpful. Mistlin Fields in Ripon were a 12 minute drive away.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 25, 2009

This was our second time staying at this hotel. The hotel is gorgeous! The rooms are terrific. We had a king suite and had a lot of room. The decor is very relaxing. The amenities are top notch! The staff were helpful and friendly and the breakfast was wonderful. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel and will most likely be staying there again on any return trips to the area.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2009

The Springhill Suites in Modesto exemplifies why I prefer to stay in Springhill Suites when available. The hotel was clean, very modern, bright (and not in a glaring sort of way) and had complimentary parking. The hotel is quite easy to locate (be sure to call ahead and verify the address for Yahoo! maps or GPS systems). It featured a complimentary breakfast buffet which varied each day, but is comprised mostly of packaged/prepared foods. The staff is friendly, efficient and accomodating. It is located quite close to a Courtyard (which I did not stay at; better rates at the Springhill Suites). The business center is nothing more than a single computer in an alcove, but fine for printing airline tickets. The pool is a '8' shaped pool with a maximum depth of roughly 5.5 feet (about 168cm) and small hot tub (which I think the bubble motor may need repair).
Rooms are spacious and modern looking as well. Views are nothing spectacluar (one side looks to a Motel 6 or something similar; the other to the parking lot) but then again, I was in the area for a graduation, not to look out the window. Views from the window are not an issue with me anyway, since I am generally in the room only to sleep anyway.
I would recommend this hotel others.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2009

I was here two weeks ago and loved it. Left my hotel in Merced to return here for my second night. Rooms new. Staff professional. Nice reception with snacks and beer/wine. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Comp high speed internet. This place is a winner. For $125-139 a night, it's worth staying here and getting up earlier to drive to where I need to be in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2009

We stayed here for a week in January 2009 with members of extended family for a nearby reunion. It seemed quite new and modern in design. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable - probably our two biggest criteria for a hotel room. It also helped that staff at reception were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast bar was also excellent in the range of foods offered. If going back to Modesto I would happily stay here if the rates are still competitive.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2009

I was very glad I chose to stay at this hotel. When I walked in I was incredibly impressed with the lobby (They even have a little market where you can buy snacks and drinks). I was able to get my choice of room (top floor, end room). The room itself was very nice! Great shower, comfortable bed and pillows, and quiet (although I slept with the fan on the entire night, just my preference). The front desk clerk was very nice and their breakfast was pretty decent! They offered eggs, sausage, and belgian waffles along with various pastries, cereals, juice, etc. They also have a computer for your use to check your email. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2009

I've stayed in two springhill suites, in Modesto CA and Willow Grove PA, and they've both been good places with great service. The Modesto location had great desk personnel, clean rooms, and a pretty good breakfast (for free!). I love the make-it-yourself Belgian waffles. The neighborhood left a little to be desired, but so did all of Modesto!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Modesto
2 mi away
Ramada Modesto
#7 of 20 in Modesto
Baymont Inn & Suites Modesto Salida
Best Western Orchard Inn

Been to SpringHill Suites Modesto? Share your experiences!