“Best hotel for the area”

SpringHill Suites Modesto
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Pewaukee, WI
“Best hotel for the area”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The hotel was nice and clean and the staff was great. The room size was good and fit our family of four comfortably. The rooms have a pull-out couch with a separate area for the microwave, refrigerator, and sink area. The continental breakfast was fine (waffle maker didn't work). They have an outdoor fire pit which was nice for our group one night. It was raining the second night so we couldn't use the fire pit but the staff was nice to let us use the breakfast area for our group to hang out that night. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SpringHill M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Modesto, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I am plesaed that the hotel met your accommodation needs and that staff was helpful during your stay. The fire pit patio is a nice feature; I'm glad the weather permitted for one night of use.

Thank you for the notification on the waffle maker, it has been fixed and has already made its fair share of waffles in the days since you left the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel a couple of days this past summer. We found the hotel to be very comfortable, clean and had very nice modern décor. The person at the front desk was extremely helpful guiding us on how to get to Yosemite National Park and where to go for a late dinner. Breakfast was standard for this type of hotel. Unfortunately, I cannot give 5 stars to a hotel that uses Styrofoam plates, cups, etc; that much Styrofoam waste is just so wrong for the environment... I bet that paper plates would do just fine, even if customers were charged an extra couple of dollars to make up for the difference in costs, if that were the case.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Thiscarolina
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm pleased that the staff was helpful in assising you during your stay.

I couldn't agree with you more about reducing the hotels enviromental footprint. This hotel and Marriott is looking into changes to affordably replace the current products with recycleable items. I am in contact with our venders now and hope to have a product in place by January.
Bay Area, California
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great room with 12 foot ceilings. Beds are comfy with tons of pillows. I loved the little liviing room with couch, chair, coffee table and desk. Included is a small wetbar area with microwave and fridge. Can't say enough about the cleanliness and staff!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your positive feedback of the guest suite and the staff. The housekeeping staff was excited by your comments regarding cleanliness.
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We needed to check in early for a wedding... the ladies needed to get ready, and Amber at the front desk was a great help. She got us in early, helped with a great room pick and provided a few informative tips. Thanks Amber. We will look forward to our next stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SpringHill M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Modesto, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Amber was delighted to receive your compliments. She is truely a great part of our team and I am pleased that she made your check in an easy and welcoming interaction. Thank you for your feedback.
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I booked this hotel after noting that the management responded to every comment on Trip Advisor - my thought being if they take that time to respond - they are focused on customer service. I was 100% correct! Hotel staff was amazing...great room...meal service and dining area clean & great variety. I saty at other Spring Hills and breakfast is never available before 6:30am. I had to leave early at 5am and breakfast was already out! I was there over Halloween and they had candy & treats for all ages! This hotel is wonderful for either business or personal...you should stay here!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments. When I shared them with the hotel associates they were excited to learn that their efforts are appreciated.
Verona, Italy
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Arrived at 3:20am after 22 hours of traveling. Check in was smooth, but we discovered that the rooms don't have closing curtains. Tried to pin them together with a hanger so we could get more than 2 hours of shut-eye. We decided to sleep through breakfast, which ends at 9:30, so we would be rested for the long drive east.

Housekeeping barged in at 9:25, waking us up and ruining our chances of further sleep or breakfast. Mattresses were also as low-quality as they come.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringHill M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Modesto, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
My sincere apologies regarding the challenges you faced during your stay with us. I have had the Housekkeping staff ensure that all rooms have the privacy curtains and have assured me that they will adjust the arrangement so that the black outs are more visable to our guests.

I have also reiterated with all staff that we must always respect our guests time and privacy. I am very sorry that the room attendant disturbed your morning.

I hope your travels east were safe and happy.
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I found this place on TA and it was a great find. It's far enough off highway 99 that you don't hear traffic noise. Check in took 30 seconds. The room was clean and comfortable and the comp breakfast was more than adequate. My only complaint is that the A/C rumbled when it came on but other than that, I was very satisfied. I got a great rate too.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your review and the comments regarding the A/C noise. The maintenance staff has made it a priority to ensure the issue is corrected for future guests.

With out your feedback, we will not improve.