“You should stay here!”

SpringHill Suites Modesto
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Modesto
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I booked this hotel after noting that the management responded to every comment on Trip Advisor - my thought being if they take that time to respond - they are focused on customer service. I was 100% correct! Hotel staff was amazing...great room...meal service and dining area clean & great variety. I saty at other Spring Hills and breakfast is never available before 6:30am. I had to leave early at 5am and breakfast was already out! I was there over Halloween and they had candy & treats for all ages! This hotel is wonderful for either business or personal...you should stay here!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
SpringHill M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Modesto, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. When I shared them with the hotel associates they were excited to learn that their efforts are appreciated.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Arrived at 3:20am after 22 hours of traveling. Check in was smooth, but we discovered that the rooms don't have closing curtains. Tried to pin them together with a hanger so we could get more than 2 hours of shut-eye. We decided to sleep through breakfast, which ends at 9:30, so we would be rested for the long drive east.

Housekeeping barged in at 9:25, waking us up and ruining our chances of further sleep or breakfast. Mattresses were also as low-quality as they come.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringHill M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Modesto, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

My sincere apologies regarding the challenges you faced during your stay with us. I have had the Housekkeping staff ensure that all rooms have the privacy curtains and have assured me that they will adjust the arrangement so that the black outs are more visable to our guests.

I have also reiterated with all staff that we must always respect our guests time and privacy. I am very sorry that the room attendant disturbed your morning.

I hope your travels east were safe and happy.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I found this place on TA and it was a great find. It's far enough off highway 99 that you don't hear traffic noise. Check in took 30 seconds. The room was clean and comfortable and the comp breakfast was more than adequate. My only complaint is that the A/C rumbled when it came on but other than that, I was very satisfied. I got a great rate too.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your review and the comments regarding the A/C noise. The maintenance staff has made it a priority to ensure the issue is corrected for future guests.

With out your feedback, we will not improve.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were en route to the Humboldt Redwood country and Modesto is a logical overnight stop. We did not arrive until 9:00 p.m. but the night front desk clerk was pleasant and accomodating to two tired travelers.It is far enough off the freeway away to be very quiet. It's not the easiest to find, though, with a couple of sharp turns right after departing the freeway. Heads up with your GPS or print out some directions or a map. This was the cleanest accomodation on our nine-day trip. On my "would you walk barefoot in this room" scale, 1 being "hiking boots and heavy socks" and 10 being "I'd eat off the floor" this was a good solid 8. We like the suite layout. There's lots of sitting space and and a separate bar/alcove for the coffee pot. Beds were comfortable if a bit firm, air conditioning was quiet. The bathroom was roomy and very clean. Breakfast was typical of a mid-range hotel. It's nice to "eat and run" when you are en route to a destination. The business center is much appreciated by this non-smart-phone toting fellow. I had to print out directions for our next trip leg and would have been sunk without it. The morning staff was very pleasant and got us on our way quickly. Note that there are no restaurants in convenient walking distance, the closest being about three blocks away. Modesto is not a "walking town" by the way. This is a great place for overnight or even two or three if you are on business.

Room Tip: We like upper floors in the back of the building away from the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

After reading your review, I am impressed by the detail. I greatly appreciate your feedback and am honored that you selected us during your travels. The Housekeeping department has adopted your "walk barefoot in this room" scale and are challenged to make it a ten.

Thank you.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have been coming here for the past few years for work related stay. The service has been great. The breakfasts are good & they recently have upgraded their options to accomodate vegetarians & vegans better - just let them know about dietary preferences in advance. They were able too offer me eggless waffles, soy yogurt (gelatin free), soy milk & vegetarian (but not eggless) sausage. They have evening socials where you can have sodas instead of wine - just ask them. There is a small gym which could be improved.

Room Tip: you either face the road or the school
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words. It was a slight challenge but I am glad we were able to support your dietary needs for breakfast. We look forward to welcomng you again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our softball team does alot of traveling and has stayed at ALOT of hotels,but this hotel is by far the BEST! GREAT SERVICE AND NICE CLEAN UPDATED HOTEL & ROOMS!! Close to restaurants, grocery stores and Fwy.

Room Tip: Any room you get would be GREAT!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SpringHill M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Modesto, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for the positive comments regarding the hotel and the staff. We look forward to hosting your team again.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

From the moment I checked in, to walking to my car at the end of my visit this hotel was perfect. Staff gives you just enough attention without being to much, cant wait to come back to visit. Stacey the Manager was very helpful and even helped us pick out a great movie for our evening out. Just top notch !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
SpringHill M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Modesto, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding your stay. I have shared your comments with Stacey and she was pleased that she helped in making your stay a great one!