“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chevys Fresh Mex - CLOSED

Chevys Fresh Mex
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Chino, California
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have had good food at the Chevy's near my home so decided to try it while visiting in Modesto. Overall, my dining experience was good. However, I was unaware that on Tuesdays kids eat free, so the restaurant was full. I had no problem getting a table, but I was surrounded by some large families with children who were either running around, screaming, or both. This was not an ideal situation for a woman dining alone and looking for a relaxed evening. However, by the time I was halfway through my meal, the two large families had left and those remaining had well-behaved, quiet children. The complimentary chips are light and crisp and the salsa very flavorful. I had the Shrimp Marg-tail and the Farmer's Enchiladas. Both were excellent. My server, Tina, was one of the best I've had in a long time. I would go back, but probably not on a Tuesday.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank marebear439

Northern California
“Can anything beat this salsa?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We buy their salsa constantly. We also eat there and order the fajitas brought to the table on a steaming metal plate. Yum

Visited May 2013
Calif.
“best mexican food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is the best mexican food place to eat in modesto.the food is fresh and taste so good.The tortias are homemade and you get them fresh with your order.The tortia chips are really good and homemade,the salsa to.The staff is very friendly and fast with your order.They make sure you have your drinks filled when you start to run out.i would give this place more than 5 stars.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank dolls23
Pleasanton, California
“Good food, good service and helpful waiter.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went to Chevy's tonight and had a nice relaxing dinner. We were given a choice of eating in the bar or in the dining room or outside. We chose the dining room. I can not handle very spicy food and the waiter was kind enough to get me a sample of the sauce that the Kick'n Chicken taco had. I was able to order the entree that I wanted, because of his help. Our waiter was very helpful, quick and met our needs before we had a chance to ask. It was a lovely dinner and very good food. We will be returning.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Zu S
California Hot Springs, California
“Good Food Okay Service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

The food, as always, was great and full of flavor. However, at the end of my meal I presented a coupon via Foursquare from my phone and the manager had no idea how to redeem it even though there were instructions on the screen that specifically said "employee to redeem..." And he refused to do so.