“Texas in California”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were in Modesto, CA this weekend and happened upon The Texas Roadhouse as we were driving to our hotel. It was a Friday night with a 30 - 45 minute wait but the time passed quickly. You can eat peanuts whiie you wait and simply throw the shells on the ground. Let';s talk about the food. The steaks are wonderful and a great value. A 23 oz T-bone with to sides for under-$30. we will stop hear again when in town.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

It's a chain food restaurant, so I don't expect much. The prime rib was ok, and I do like that their mashed potatoes are real. Service was ok, it is just a really loud place and service was a bit slow. I like a really good prime rib or a really good steak and I was a underwhelmed here. It is not horrible by any means but I am not overly impressed either. I would not drive as a rule into Modesto for it, that's for sure but I was already in town for a play. It is no big deal.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Called ahead and made reservations for 6:30. We arrived at about 6:20 and were told they were busy and it would be about 45 minutes to get a table. Nearly two hours later we were still waiting. We ended up leaving and eating elsewhere. What's the point of planning ahead and making a reservation if you get put at the bottom if the list when you arrive anyway?

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Came here in December for a meal and overall was pleasantly surprised with the food and prices. Starters we shared the ribs which were really good. They bake fresh bread which comes out warm, which was really tasty - don't eat too much, as the food portions are huge so you don't want to fill up on it! I then had roast chicken, which was OK, nothing special - I should have tried the steak which looked amazing as you can see them when you walk into the restaurant, but id eaten so much red meat that week, wanted a change! My partner had cat-fish, which was good too! We still had some bread left over and they provided a cinnamon butter, so that ended up being our dessert! The place was packed, so do ring ahead! I would definitely go here again. Watch out for the monkey nut shells all over the floor!

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

First timer here dining in at a texas roadhouse. Everything from the food to atmosphere to the service was top notch. We came in on a busy saturday night and were expecting to have to wait to be seated due to all the "traffic" both inside and out. We were quickly seated and treated to the sweet delicious fresh steamed bread with a cinnamon/butter spread. I ordered a grilled shrimp skewer starter to munch on while my new york strip entre was being prepared. The starter was brought out with very little wait and was very delicious. The entres were served in a timely manner even with all the busy servers and crowded tables. My fiance ordered a grilled bbq chicken breast with vegetable sides. There was absolutley no problems with the way the steak was prepared. I asked for a well done steak and got a delicious well done steak which wasnt dry. My fiance enjoyed her bbq chicken entre and we were both delighted with the whole experience.We will definetly be coming back for more. Kudos to our waitress kendra for her exceptional service.