“Very unsatisfactory” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dewz Restaurant

Dewz Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Dewz Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 498 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 15th and 16th St.
Paris
“Very unsatisfactory”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2007

We sat outside on a November evening. The heaters were inadequate. We were initially presented with an appetizer and dessert menu, and couldn't order until we got the dinner menu, which came much later. The menu is very limited, and the food preparation was poor...the chef likes to stack things in piles on the plate, which might be ok for one thing, but everything came like that. There weren't enough vegetables. The couscous with the chicken had a bad taste and was inedible. There were no French or Italian wines available for a reasonable price by the glass. The molton (sic) chocolate dessert was salty and made with bad chocolate. The server insisted on calling me, a middle aged lady, "miss." I found that very offputting. My husband's filet mignon was overcooked (was ordered very rare and came medium), and the gorgonzola sauce didn't work. Just bad food prepared by a kitchen that doesn't know what it's doing. The espresso arrived tepid. Are there no genuinely good restaurants in the Central Valley? If there are, we haven't found them yet.

1 Thank Henri_Quart

Modesto, California
“Best There is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2007

This place is a two story wonder, right across the street from the Court House. You must have the rare wine, prime rib and a cesar salad. It's on the higher price side of things, but a good value.

Modesto, California
“Overrated from the reviews read here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2007

Lots of attitude from one of the waiters. Food was over and under cooked, particularly the pasta, overkill on spices.
Seats and tables were too close together, making it hard to move, plus loud guests, so making it a very uncomfortable.
Very overrated, from what I read here from these reviews.
Parking was also very scarce as well.

2 Thank TicTocDragon
San Francisco
“Top of the line!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2006

You'll have to travel 2 hrs. to the S.F. Bay Area to find a place as classy as Dewz. Their decor, food, service and friendliness is unmatched anywhere. I make it a point to find the best eateries during my extensive travels throughout Northern California as a sales rep. and always come back to Dewz when in the Modesto area. I've had the opportunity to try many items on their menu and have never been disapointed. Their wine list is unique and extensive. Their desserts are to die for. Don't just trust my review, go and see for yourself.

4 Thank SweetCarmel
A TripAdvisor Member
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2006

I have lived in Modesto for over 20 years and never had heard of Dewz until last week. My father took me out and we had a lovely evening. It is quite expensive, (120.00 for two ppl) ...But totally worth it. Best service I have ever encountered. I am definately taking my hubby there soon.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member