“Nice atmosphere!”

BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #13 of 509 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very nice decor, helpful staff, not too noisy (good acoustics). Food was delicious & very reasonable, lots of parking nearby, adjacent to a very nice mall ... would definitely go back!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Have had both lunch and dinner there. Both times were very good. Nice crust on the pizza and the toppings taste very fresh. Atmosphere is vibrant, but can feel a little loud if you aren't used to it. Definitely would recommend it. And try a pizookie. Oh my goodness. You can order each half a different flavor. I recommend the peanut butter and the classic chocolate chip. On my last visit the seating was a little disorganized (was waiting for friends, they tried to seat me at the wrong table, and then tried to seat someone else at my table) but after that the service was really good. It was just a couple days before Christmas, so it was really crowded with groups having work parties and others out shopping.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Great service from Tyson at the bar late night. I had a personal size vegetarian pizza once happy hour started - 1/2 off. I also got their house made sodas, but instead of trying one, I got as many shots of the 4 they have (root bear, orange cream soda, cream soda, & black cherry) for the same price as one soda. This is a lively place.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

We have eaten here a few times for lunch only. Some menu items, we really like. The Chicken Quesadillas with black beans is excellent at $5.95. We don't care for the pizza, which was too spicy for our taste but is probably loved by others. This place has such a large menu that there are plenty of options to try. As with most restaurants some items are great and others are just okay. We also like the Brushetta appetizer. Whenever we order the large desserts, we split the order.

IMPORTANT TIP: This restaurant is located adjacent to a large mall. The restaurant is very busy on weekends. For lunch, we try to arrive before noon in order to avoid having to wait for tables. Service does get degraded when the place is very busy and varies between servers. Our last visit, we arrived before noon and our order was promptly taken and the food was quickly served. However, at a nearby table, the customers who arrived at 12:15PM waited more than 15 minutes to have their order taken and were quite angry about it. We also waited over 10 minutes for the check, but at least we had eaten!
Regardless, the hostesses and staff are all very friendly. They were not standing around, so if there is a service problem, blame the management.

This is a very noisy place, designed to be noisy in a tavern-like atmosphere. Sound echoes off the walls. Do not eat here if you want a quiet meal.

The facility itself has nice decor and is kept clean.

This restaurant is part of a chain of BJ Restaurants. This is the only one we have eaten at, so we cannot compare them with others in the chain. It is good enough to recommend for modest priced food that can be very delicious.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

My husband is a celiac so when ever we find a restaurant that has a special menu we go. We had the gluten free pizza, they have plenty of toppings to chose from. My husband also ordered the stuffed potato with chicken, huge potato he enjoyed it. We of course have the pazookie, chocolate chip cookie with 2 scoops ice cream, gluten free. nice and hot cookie fresh out of the oven. My husband craves a good beer and the only choice is red bridge. He also has the pear cider. It can be real loud and real busy. each time we have to wait 45 to hour, hopefully next time try to go during the week,not on friday-sunday.