“Surlas is great food & atmosphere”
Review of Surla's

Surla's
Ranked #33 of 502 Restaurants in Modesto
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Modesto, California
“Surlas is great food & atmosphere”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Surlas is my 2nd favorite restuant in Modesto (next to Dewz). Great food, great atmosphere, great staff, and amazing bartenders. The cost is pricey but not crazy expensive. Maybe $$$. Sunday campagne brunch buffet is wonderful with lots of options. Food is classy with an islander flare. Perfect for a date night. My husband and I like to go and sit in the bar area and have the barteneder pair wines with each course. Totally Recommend Surlas!

• Visited January 2014

Modesto, CA
“Surla's on Valentine's Day for dinner”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I've lived in Modesto for 24 years and have been eating at Surla's since they opened and took over from when the restaurant was Hazel's. The food is typically better than the service and tonight was no exception. We arrived 30 minutes before our reservation and intended to have a drink in the bar before being seated, but were ignored by 3 people working at the bar for over 5 minutes after being sitting at the bar - and I mean IGNORED as the three staff members walked back and forth in front of us without acknowledging us at all. When they finally took our drink order they were so slow at bringing us our drinks that our table was ready and the hostess ended up seating another couple at our table while we waited to pay our bar tab and we ended up getting a terrible table against a wall next to a fire hydrant right under a blaring sound speaker that was so loud we could hardly hear each other talk. The bar was not very busy either, not compared to other bars I've been in, so why the snail paced service? The food was good, it usually is, but the employee who brought our food didn't even know the pre-set menu since they described the bok choy as "celery" even though it was clearly bok choy and was clearly listed as such on the menu, but hey, this is Modesto and I probably shouldn't expect knowledgeable employees in such a non-cosmopolitian town.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank jjeppson
Ceres, California
“Surla's”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is one of the finest in Modesto. Lots of choices here in town, but this is at the top of the list. A wonderful menu to choose from, no matter if its lunch or dinner. Each dish is deserving of praise and wont leave you disappointed.
The service is great and the atmosphere compliments the surroundings.
I always feel confident the food will be superb, especially when the chef/owner visits you table side

Visited October 2013
“Will be back!!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I went for Sunday brunch, and we were not disappointed. My friends ate a lot more then I did since I am unable to have dairy, but what I did eat I savored!! They had both breakfast and lunch foods out ( which makes sense for brunch) in a buffet style setting. There were two stations, one for omelets, another for crepe's, as well as a dessert bar. There were plenty of healthy options to go along with the not so healthy choices.

Of course the best part, the bottomless champagne!! I mean the brunch was not that expensive to begin with, and the champagne kept coming. For a small price you could get a carafe of OJ for a mimosa instead. And they were not at all stingy with the refills!!

Great food, awesome service, and bottomless champagne, what more could you ask for at brunch...GO!!

Manteca, California, United States
“Great Food”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place is great. I went there for Sunday Brunch. The food was delicious and there was plenty of food.

Visited June 2013

Been to Surla's? Share your experiences!