“The best creative sushi!”

Riptide Rockin' Sushi & Teppan Grills
Ranked #68 of 239 Restaurants in Mission Viejo
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: The 5 Fwy
Description: Orange County is home to many traditional, hole in the wall sushi joints that get the job done. Riptide is not one of those places. If you are looking for a sushi experience unlike any other in Mission Viejo, look no further than Riptide Rockin' Sushi and Teppan Grills. The energy is high with family and friends. The menu, an award winning expression that perfectly combines a hint of tradition with modern creativity. The sakes bomb nightly, the teppans sizzle with heat and flavor, and the sushi knocks your socks off. Simply put, Riptide is not your mom's sushi joint, but it's definitely yours.
Boston, MA
“The best creative sushi!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I go to this place every time I visit So Cal. My friend & I sat at the sushi bar this time. Our waitress was friendly, attentive, and even went out of her way to ask the bartender a couple of questions about the drinks. The atmosphere is fun...very lively and loud with great music/videos playing. Always a great choice for a group of friends. It gets pretty crowded on certain nights, like the all you can eat sushi nights, so make reservations.

Now, lets talk about the sushi. I've never had their traditional sushi, so can't speak for that. Their specialty rolls are AMAZING! My favorite is the tornado roll, which has all kinds of yummy things wrapped inside a flash fried potato crust. Runners up are the screamin o roll and the burrito roll. I would suggest ordering a few of the specialty rolls and splitting them so you can try multiple things. If someone in your party doesn't like sushi, they have a pretty extensive menu including salads, steaks, and seafood. Everyone I've dined with has always been happy with their food...and large portions. They also have teppanyaki.

This is my favorite place for sushi and my visits are never complete without going here at least once.

• Visited March 2013

Ladera Ranch, California
“Poor Service”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We usually eat around the sushi bar. Last night we decided to get a booth. Our waitress took our drink order. We ordered the Shark Attack. It is suppose to have gummy fish. It didn't but what it did have was a bug on our lemons. We ordered edamame but never received it. When we told the waitress to take off our check she said she didn't bring it because they ran out and it was to late to defrost. We got there at 8pm. The waitress never came back to see if we wanted anything else or refills on our drinks. Took forever to find her to get check. We always go to Riptide when my daughter comes home from college but the last several times the service has been terrible.

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Pretty Good for Laguna Niguel”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went with the family for Valentines day and was surprised. The service was good, the food was good and the best part was the sushi rolls - very interesting, large and unique taste. The location is a bid odd (as the whole center is), and even not very inviting - but - I liked it and will return to the sushi bar. As fas as the teppan grill goes - its sort of old hat as per Benihana from 30 years ago but amusing for the kids - overall, as I said the location was odd, I liked it and will return. I will say however that its a bit pricey for what it is.

• Visited February 2013
Mission Viejo, California
“Date Night Place”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Gave it two chances. This is the worst service I have ever had anywhere in the world. Ordered from Sushi menu waited 20 minutes to be told they did not have my order. No not the order was not ready, but they did not have the fish! Then I order from menu and waited 20 more minutes and was told they ran out of meat. WHAT THE &&%$&^$! RAN OUT OF MEAT!!!!!!!!!
I ordered beer and it was atleast cold. I settled after all this for the catsup and sea food bowl served with old cold toast. Watch out for the broken crap claws. I did not complain, paid the bill and left my server to chat with other servers. Did'nt want to interup their conversation. OH no good bye come again, thank you. Just next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is more like a tourist trap that is badly managed.

• Visited December 2012
Laguna Niguel, California, United States
“Virgin to sushi”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It was pretty good I had the steak and lobster teppin style I also had a galaxy roll the roll was very good I was told by the other people at the table this cook must be new he is not very good I thought it was good till I watched the table next to us wow it was a show

• Visited October 2012