“Completely renovated”

Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mission Viejo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Since the last time I was here last year this hotel has been completed renovated. They even gutted the lobby and made a new breakfast room and business office. Same breakfast as other Marriott's but boiled eggs instead of scrambled. The fron desk is the best everyone is friendly and knowledable with directions. I stayed there 14 days and they made me feel like family. It is very clean and the house keepers are the best. But they are kind of stingy with the coffee but the coffee in the lobby and room are delicious.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Newly redone--great staff--rooms and breakfast area are perfect in my opinion..Staff very helpful when needed..When you enter you have a very comfortable, welcome feeling..You immediately know it has been recently updated and kept clean..

Room Tip: All rooms are great..North side a little quieter but all are ok
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank gerald l
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed one night on 5th floor, even though this property is ringed by the northbound on-ramp to The 5, we didn't hear any highway noise. Free WiFi worked great, and front desk was friendly and provided a complimentary forgotten toiletry item.

It's been recently remodeled, our room was fresh and clean. The only issue was the bathroom fan droned constantly--I don't think there was a way to turn it "off".

Breakfast was nice, plenty of choices and places to sit. The driveway to the hotel is a bit odd, you drive between two gas stations but it's clearly marked as "Fairfield Drive".

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TeamW4
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Good value, good location, free breakfast and free parking. Reasonably sized rooms and quieter than we expected despite the place being so close to I-5. Internet access was adequate with two terminals in the lobby as well as free access in the room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Key_West_visit_1
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed there for two nights while on business last week and would stay there again anytime. It was clean and quiet and the staff were friendly and professional. Add a good location, right by the interstate with food and quickie marts in walking distance, and a reasonable price, and I am very satisfied with my stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed one night at Fairfield Inn in Mission Viejo. They were remodeling, so it was pretty loud during working hours. Most of the people that we saw walking through the lobby were wearing hard hats. We were in room 506 with a view of the highway ramp (but no highway noise unless the window was open). They had a room for us when we checked in at 11 a.m.

Plus
• Large screen TV, good channels
• Wi-fi was reliable, although we had to accept the terms of service and enter the password every time we went on line
• Breakfast was pretty good with hard boiled eggs, cereal, Danish, waffle-maker. They had to use three guest rooms for breakfast because the breakfast area was being renovated
• We had a room with a king-sized bed with small but sufficient space
• The staff were especially friendly and apologetic about the renovations
• Location at highway 5 and Oso Parkway is so central that I suspect they'll raise their rates when the renovations are complete
• Lots of space for parking

Minus
• When we entered our room, we found that someone had urinated in the toilet but had not flushed it. Made the stay less-than-excellent.
• No refrigerator
• Only two electrical plugs available in the room and two in the bathroom for charging devices
• Air conditioning was noisy, but it didn't bother us

We felt the Fairfield Inn was a good deal, fully worth the price that we paid on a Monday night, and we recommend it for its friendly and no-frills value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I recently attended the Doheney Days Music Festival on Sept 08th and wanted nice accommodations with a pool at a rate of around $90-$100. Since I procrastinated and waited until a week before this large event to book many of the lodgings close to Dana Point (where the event was held) were sold out or way over my budget. Since I travel to San Diego often I had seen this place many times and thought I would give them a try, it was a simple 10-15min cab ride from where I was going so the location was good. I arrived at noon on the 8th check in was not till 3:00 the folks at the front desk were very nice and explained that they could put me in a room but since it was early they did not have a clean room that met my room request (high upper floor room over looking the pool area) I explained that I did not need my room at that moment since I was leaving to go to the festival I only wanted to check in and I would be back around 10:00 or 11:00pm they said they would have a clean room no problem at that time which met my request I just asked if it was ok to leave my car in the parking lot they said it was fine. I got back to the Fairfield at around 10:30pm the folks at the front desk were very friendly and had my requested room ready, I had my room key in about 2min which was ideal as I was tired from music and partying all day. The room was very nice, immaculate the bed was very comfortable (clean sheets, no bugs), the bathroom was very clean and it looked modern/newly remodeled I had a quiet nights rest and woke up and enjoyed a FREE continental breakfast (waffles, breads, cereals, juices, sausage biscuits and more) and a swim by the pool ( the pool area was a decent size, clean heated with plenty of chairs and shade) until I checked out at noon. I really don't have anything negative to say other than the room was somewhat small in comparison to other places I have stayed while ideal for 1 or 2 people this room would be too small for any more. The Fairfield Inn was up to the Marriott standards and under $100.00 a night (with AAA discount) I would stay there again and definitely recommend. ALSO-If you walk down Oso Parkway over the freeway you can catch the local bus #91 (it's about a 5min walk) and for a mere $1.50 you can catch the bus right to Doheney Beach (no transfers) which is what I did, however the bus did not run until late so I had to catch a cab to get back but it was only $25.00 which is perfect when you have been drinking all day.

Room Tip: I would recommend a high upper floor room over looking the pool, something on the south 4th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo
Ayres Hotel & Spa Mission Viejo
#2 of 5 in Mission Viejo
Best Western Plus Irvine Spectrum Hotel

Been to Fairfield Inn Mission Viejo Orange County? Share your experiences!